Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you into Leather or rubber?

Are you into Leather or rubber?

I'm looking to get a tracking lead and collar. I am leaning towards Biothain as it seems easier to look after. But some of the leather ones do look nice. Any suggestion where to buy such a thing.
    Cheers Sean

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I'm looking to get a tracking lead and collar. I am leaning towards Biothain as it seems easier to look after. But some of the leather ones do look nice. Any suggestion where to buy such a thing.
    Cheers Sean
    hi Sean

ive been using niggeloh gear a while prior to that I had all leather
    just changed back to leather for tracking lines and harness, niggeloh is well made, but I am so pleased with the gear, it's a pleasure to use, I got all mine from Karenswood international

They are absolutely spot on, my wire is a large one, I measured him as they asked and sent a picture of him, the gear is bang on the money fits him like a glove, may take a little more looking after, but it's worth it long term.

choose wisely buy once

get what will suit you

good luck

phil

I use a permatack tracking line and really like it. Nice line to handle, very durable and after being out in all weathers, quick wipe with a towel and it's as good as new.

Worked out about 40 sent from USA, peterc1946deer is another option and will make biothane lines and leads to your spec on eBay, really good guy to deal with and makes a cracking job of things.

Regards

BP

I have a Biothane 10M lead in fluorescent yellow that I bought from zooplus.co.uk (28). It is strong, supple, easily cleaned with a wipe and tough too. It has had a bit of stick in bramble and bracken but no damage. I sometimes use it in very thick rhododendrons (crawl in stuff) and the colour makes it easy to see exactly where the dog is too.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

No leather for me also, its just not lasting long enough if you treat your garment as I do...
    It also gets damned heavy and needs to long to dry out...
    Since years I use a cheap lead, made of a synthetic material, same as used for rolling shutter.
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

I use a Niggeloh collar and leather lead, I also use and make (not at the moment) biothane. Neither get stuck in brambles like the nylon ones.

Quote Originally Posted by steyr.308 View Post
    PM sent
    Thank you your a gent

I used a biothane tracking lead in anger for the first time on Friday. It was comfortable in the hand, grippy, got covered in mud and claret and just wiped down afterwards. Can't vouch for how long it will last but I felt it was much better than the webbing one I had been using which was difficult to keep clean and picked up burrs.
    So much to learn and so little time left

Thanks to Steyr308 i am now the proud owner of a shiney new Biothane tracking lead. Whats more he wouldn't take a penny for it, Just goes to show there are some good guys left. All i need now is a mutt to attach it too. Hopefully my pup will be born in the next week fingers crossed.
    Regards Sean