Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage Model 12 F Class bolt action in 6mm Norma BR.

Savage Model 12 F Class bolt action in 6mm Norma BR.

Rifle comes as standard with 30” stainless target barrel in a laminated F Class stock with 3” flat for end and Accu-trigger. Priced new at £1695 ono
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAVAGE MODEL 12 F CLASS.jpg  

i think your mixed up with the .308 and 6 br.

Quote Originally Posted by garyw View Post
    i think your mixed up with the .308 and 6 br.
    Looks like it's available in 6BR:
    http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/12FCLASS
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Farticus-correct again but not many shooters use a 6br in f class-although i used mine last week at diggle in the 1000yd f open comp a nice day for the 6br i did alright
    i wonder if the 2 savages have been ordered by mistake?

Either of these rifles can be used competitively for many shooting disciplines for e.g in factory class shoots or for someone who is entering the world of target shooting and doesn’t want to spend a fortune on a custom rifle. These rifles have been proven on many occasions both in the USA and here in the UK that they can be competitive factory rifles which can win competitions. The 6mm BR as we all know is a very accurate round even at ranges of 600 or 1000 yards in the right hands and the 308 Winchester has always been a popular round for the novice and experienced shooter.

Farticus-correct again but not many shooters use a 6br in f class-although i used mine last week at diggle in the 1000yd f open comp a nice day for the 6br i did alright
    i wonder if the 2 savages have been ordered by mistake?
    how did you do gar, ive been looking at the 6mm br lately, will they function i a repeater ok to replace my 308

swaro most- if not all br and f class rifles are single shot i use the 6 br as a switch barrel rifle with a .284 barrel the 6br is for mid range f class and 600yd br comps the .284 gets screwed on for f class long range comps.for 600yd the 6 br is hard to beat as long as it aint blowing a hooley.i shot a 89-9 score at diggle last week @1000yds with the 6b but it was agood day for the small calibres.you can get the 6br to feed from a magazine but all my rifles are single shot
    Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    how did you do gar, ive been looking at the 6mm br lately, will they function i a repeater ok to replace my 308

swaro most- if not all br and f class rifles are single shot i use the 6 br as a switch barrel rifle with a .284 barrel the 6br is for mid range f class and 600yd br comps the .284 gets screwed on for f class long range comps.for 600yd the 6 br is hard to beat as long as it aint blowing a hooley.i shot a 89-9 score at diggle last week @1000yds with the 6b but it was agood day for the small calibres.you can get the 6br to feed from a magazine but all my rifles are single shot
    Well said Gary,

I am running my repeater 6mmbr out to 500 on varmints with ease and out to 700 on gongs, love the calibre to bits and now on my second one (should not have old the first one) someone is going to get a nice rifle here,

Boh

I am not familiar withbthe f class scoring

scores are out of a possible 100points for 20 shots you score as follows v-bull is as described the bull of the target you get 5 points and a 1 although on the score card it just shows a v [v bull to count]then outer 5 and then 4 and so on to miss on target=0 so out of 20 shots you can score a maximum of 100points and 20 v bulls your score would be like this 100-20 so my 89-9 was scored points 89 and 9 vbulls. as the distances that are shot from 300 -1000 yds some of the top ftr and f open shooters score maximums which is a hard ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I am not familiar withbthe f class scoring