Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shooting deer from vehicles

shooting deer from vehicles

Is it legal to shoot a deer from a vehicle, either using as a support or from within a vehicle? just wondering.

I believe it is, as long as vehicle is parked with engine off?

Vehicles: Section 4 of the Deer Act prohibits shooting from a moving vehicle, the vehicle must be stationary with the engine turned off. The vehicle may need to be adapted to provide:
    ♦ A means of preventing participants from falling from the vehicle or being injured when the vehicle is moving e.g. a safety cage in the bed of a pick up.
    ♦ A rest such as a shooting rail that provides a good support for the rifle when shooting and lifts the muzzle well clear of the supporting surface. Care must be taken to ensure that parts of the vehicle or its passengers cannot easily be brought into the line of fire.

as above,and be safe at all times,doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    Vehicles: Section 4 of the Deer Act prohibits shooting from a moving vehicle, the vehicle must be stationary with the engine turned off. The vehicle may need to be adapted to provide:
    ♦ A means of preventing participants from falling from the vehicle or being injured when the vehicle is moving e.g. a safety cage in the bed of a pick up.
    ♦ A rest such as a shooting rail that provides a good support for the rifle when shooting and lifts the muzzle well clear of the supporting surface. Care must be taken to ensure that parts of the vehicle or its passengers cannot easily be brought into the line of fire.
    Or a towel wrapped round the wing mirror if sat comfortably in either seat
    in the front of the vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    Like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	51454
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Do any of the training organisations run a DBS1 course? (Drive By Shooting) in case you were wondering!

Just be sure there is plenty of tread depth on your rear door mounted spare wheel, stops the rifle slipping all over.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Just be sure there is plenty of tread depth on your rear door mounted spare wheel, stops the rifle slipping all over.
    What !! you are expected to get out of the vehicle