Thread: Gamekeeper jailed

Gamekeeper jailed

On BBC news at moment . Jailed for killing bird of prey

Thanks gixer that's what I was looking for

Any idea what he shot?

Quote Originally Posted by dan71 View Post
    Any idea what he shot?
    Never shot anything he killed a goshawk that was caught in a trap

I think it was a bit of a benchmark case (and please correct me if wrong) i think all/most the evidence was from hidden trail cams placed on the estate by others with no permission to be there. I think this is 1 of the first times secret filming like this has been allowed. There was certainly some fuss made about this sort of video'd evidence being used

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    I think it was a bit of a benchmark case (and please correct me if wrong) i think all/most the evidence was from hidden trail cams placed on the estate by others with no permission to be there. I think this is 1 of the first times secret filming like this has been allowed. There was certainly some fuss made about this sort of video'd evidence being used
    CCTV in the countryside

Everyone has to uphold the highest standards of every aspect of shooting as you never know the time or place when we could be put under the microscope of video/pictures uploaded to internet via any of the many haters of a legitimate sporting ongoings or indeed the powers that be of the courts etc. Don't give them the opportunity and they will not have any cause to further restrict us in what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingercargill View Post
    Thanks gixer that's what I was looking for
    Suggest you read the above link before plunging in to defend the guy, much as I suffer from buzzards on my game shoot, I'll use every legal method to deter them, rather than open myself to be prosecuted as laid out in the link. Wasn't just one bird or one species he "knocked on the head". Raptors will become/are a huge issue for keepers now and in the future, dealing with them illegally is going to get you into big trouble. deerwarden

So ........... how do land owners stand with regard to banning rspb, rspca etc from their land? Can it be done . will it be done???