Heta

Harry Hirsch

There have been quite a few ethical discussions on here recently and it seems plain that stalkers, in general, are an ethical lot, perhaps the most ethical of those who hunt.
Anybody who wants a good read on ethics, I have just finished reading "Beyond Fair Chase" by Jim Posewitz, which even though written about hunting in America, most can be applied to the UK or Europe and is highly recommended.
Perhaps it is time for a HETA to stand up to PETA (HETA = Hunters for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)

Why throw in the comment " perhaps the most ethical of those who hunt" in who,s opinion is that, a lot of stalkers are only interested in trouphys hardly ethical.

Why throw in the comment " perhaps the most ethical of those who hunt" in who,s opinion is that, a lot of stalkers are only interested in trouphys hardly ethical.

Ooohhh, this could be interesting :popcorn:

Trophy deer stalkers vs "big bag" game shots vs catch & release rainbow trout fishermen - which are the most ethical? Discuss.

Most probably big game hunters in a fenced game farm, all animals are selected for culling, the meat is used locally, local employment is provided.

How about the most unethical , shooting boar and deer on the run, by Inexperianced shots and sayin its ethical as you own a dog, to tell the truth I don,t care, Everyman to his own, but what I hate is people puffing there chest out, and slagging off other forms of hunting, especially those with a DSC :rofl:

How about the most unethical , shooting boar and deer on the run, by Inexperianced shots and sayin its ethical as you own a dog, to tell the truth I don,t care, Everyman to his own, but what I hate is people puffing there chest out, and slagging off other forms of hunting, especially those with a DSC :rofl:

I find the worst is the person who slates long shots, head shots, bows, scopes with too much mag, tactical rifles, culling park deer and trophy hunters all because they're not "stalking". It seems unless you get to within 40 yards and take a "boiler room" shot with your classic stalking rifle with fixed low mag scope and leather sling on a truely wild deer your're not a real "stalker" or being fair to the deer. Obviously you have to only shoot animals under the guise of management for the sole benefit of the herd, a truely altruistic gesture.

I myself insist on wearing only the scratchiest of tweed with no underpants, wear 1940's issue DPM boots with no socks, shoot an unmoderated .270 with no sticks or bipod with 150gr from 40 yards maximum, but only if it's entailed a 500 yard downhill belly-crawl through mud, ice water and spikey heather to ensure an uphill drag, and won't venture forth in anything less than a Force 8 in the driving rain (preferably blizzards though) Anything else is just not ethical..............

I myself insist on wearing only the scratchiest of tweed with no underpants, wear 1940's issue DPM boots with no socks, shoot an unmoderated .270 with no sticks or bipod with 150gr from 40 yards maximum, but only if it's entailed a 500 yard downhill belly-crawl through mud, ice water and spikey heather to ensure an uphill drag, and won't venture forth in anything less than a Force 8 in the driving rain (preferably blizzards though) Anything else is just not ethical..............

Ooh one of those new fangled necked down flat shooting cartridges, tsk tsk.

Back