Thread: St Patrick's day

St Patrick's day

Along with the reminder from the tv on it being St Patrick's day today, I was pleased to see a real man's game being given some air time, Hurling, a game even I can sit & watch for ages, none of this nancy football / tennis etc, + they don't even get paid obscene amounts of dosh either, they do it for the pleasure, can't wait for another all Ireland championship game to make it on to our local telly!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Along with the reminder from the tv on it being St Patrick's day today, I was pleased to see a real man's game being given some air time, Hurling, a game even I can sit & watch for ages, none of this nancy football / tennis etc, + they don't even get paid obscene amounts of dosh either, they do it for the pleasure, can't wait for another all Ireland championship game to make it on to our local telly!

Now I will drink a guinness to that!!or maybe 2

just been down the pub and had a couple of pints of Guinness and a large plate of Irish mussels

Its the best game in the world, I played it for 13 years! Im not a religious guy but Happy St. Patricks Day! Guinnesss sounds like a good idea...

My mother is Irish so I spent a lot of my summer holidays helping out on the family farm near Limerick when I was a youngster at school.

Been to a few all Ireland finals and drank a few pints on the way. They have a bit of a relaxed attitude to underage drinking!