Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Beaters day to go

Just Beaters day to go

Wow wheres that season gone it's flew by ,I lie really beaters day is next then a day of friends and the local hunt servants then a charity day for a cancer charity dear to the bosses heart .
    but the boss does like to give the beaters a good day he refused a final drive on sat last as the guns had shot enough .
    what do you guys and your bosses do for the beaters come beaters day ?
    Norma

The big shoot I pick up on gives everyone a duck night followed by a full driven day bag-350+.

I've got a couple more let days to go and my beaters get the last two days of the season (30th and 31st)

Stacey

The shoot where I control the foxes and beat occasionally had their Beater's Day last week as the boss had sold too many days at the end of the month. Looking at the weather, I'm glad it wasn't this week!

Going to a cracking 300+ beaters day at Staceys. Great host.

You don't need big numbers to have a gr8 day boys what about the crack and the grub Ect
    what about a few stories of past days Ect
    we have a Stetson hat that the numpty voted by the previous team has to wear for any misdemeanor ie missing everything !

We have some of our keepers from Scotland coming down for a day, then 2 beaters days, the first one they all put money in a hat to shoot and we give it to the air ambulance, the second is a more traditional beaters day. We feed them in a pub after every shoot day, they get the same food and drink as the guns at drinks every day and they get pigeon shooting and vermin through feb and in the summer. You have to look after the beaters-no beaters no shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Going to a cracking 300+ beaters day at Staceys. Great host.
    We'll all be watching to make sure you see the pheasants this time lol

stacey

Quote Originally Posted by Benc View Post
    We have some of our keepers from Scotland coming down for a day, then 2 beaters days, the first one they all put money in a hat to shoot and we give it to the air ambulance, the second is a more traditional beaters day. We feed them in a pub after every shoot day, they get the same food and drink as the guns at drinks every day and they get pigeon shooting and vermin through feb and in the summer. You have to look after the beaters-no beaters no shoot.
    Supposed to be the last Saturday but We've just been informed by the head keeper that beaters day has been cancelled altogether as the owner has informed him that he has sold the beaters day to a team of paying guns that shoot there regularly. Everyone is totally pi**ed off and should really walk away for the rest of the season on principle, see how he gets on with his 300/500 bird days then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Supposed to be the last Saturday but We've just been informed by the head keeper that beaters day has been cancelled altogether as the owner has informed him that he has sold the beaters day to a team of paying guns that shoot there regularly. Everyone is totally pi**ed off and should really walk away for the rest of the season on principle, see how he gets on with his 300/500 bird days then.
    that is a real p#ss take mate, I have a few local shoots close to me have been giving days to there buddies behind the syndictes back.
    they are pretty much p#ssed off about it, that they are jumping ship next season. for my benefit I think...