Thread: Deer management groups. - the mechanics

Deer management groups. - the mechanics

Hi Guys

Deer management groups

Anyone run one or have experience being involved in one.

I have two seperate Fallow deer areas and I had a thought about sharing the new area as a swapsy
    In exchange for CWD, Boar or Red deer stalking.

Or placing it as a closed shop club type thingy

Greatly appreciate any advice or info, on best way forward, do's and don't's, procedures, insurance and possible pitfalls, set up costs etc.

ATB

phil

The more people you have involved the more complicated it gets. Unless you have very very good friends.

If you put small selective syndicates on you might find the financial trade off pays for what you're looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
    The more people you have involved the more complicated it gets. Unless you have very very good friends.
    Hi DP

Yep. Beginning to think that, I had a PM this evening that put the mockers on so called friendship, on reflection you are a 100% correct, it's time to man up and forget about helping people, place stalking in the " you want to play then you have to pay" box.

no free stalking or handouts here now, only Freebie is L2 write up / witnessing.

atb

phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Hi DP

Yep. Beginning to think that, I had a PM this evening that put the mockers on so called friendship, on reflection you are a 100% correct, it's time to man up and forget about helping people, place stalking in the " you want to play then you have to pay" box.

no free stalking or handouts here now, only Freebie is L2 write up / witnessing.

atb

phil

Im guessing the "friendship" comment is aimed at me because I politely asked the guy when he would be collecting the Larder Fridge (that several people wanted) he said he wanted it on here and just needed to empty his trailer,

I kept it for him but after 3 weeks went by I asked yesterday when he would be coming for it and I got a SH*TTY reply, sorry but getting over a bout of flu or not you dont talk to people like that, I have just lost mum this week but wouldnt dream of ranting at people. Yes he does need to "man up" and stand by the promises he makes.

And since he is talking about free stalks dont make me laugh .... he offered me (on here) a Muntjac cull trip last July and despite several really nice friendly enquiries as to when this might be taking place it still hasnt, forget it, all he seems to do is sit in tea cafes and talk.

There is a very old saying "Believe nothing of what you are told and only half of what you see" the forum has a number of armchair stalkers.

Yes I am pretty much pi**ed off with this guy (after the post referring to so called friendship) all he does is jabber and ingratiate himself by offering free stalks etc, something not quite right there, obviously I can only speak factually as I have found and apart from being pi**ed off have no axe to grind.

Regards WB
    Last edited by willowbank; 15-01-2015 at 22:15.

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    Im guessing the "friendship" comment is aimed at me because I politely asked the guy when he would be collecting the Larder Fridge (that several people wanted) he said he wanted it on here and just needed to empty his trailer,

I kept it for him but after 3 weeks went by I asked yesterday when he would be coming for it and I got a SH*TTY reply, sorry but getting over a bout of flu or not you dont talk to people like that, I have just lost mum this week but wouldnt dream of ranting at people. Yes he does need to "man up" and stand by the promises he makes.

And since he is talking about free stalks dont make me laugh .... he offered me (on here) a Muntjac cull trip last July and despite several really nice friendly enquiries as to when this might be taking place it still hasnt, forget it, all he seems to do is sit in tea cafes and talk.

There is a very old saying "Believe nothing of what you are told and only half of what you see" the forum has a number of armchair stalkers.

Yes I am pretty much pi**ed off with this guy (after the post referring to so called friendship) all he does is jabber and ingratiate himself by offering free stalks etc, something not quite right there, obviously I can only speak factually as I have found and apart from being pi**ed off have no axe to grind.

Regards WB
    Firstly WB who was talking about you, certainly not me, get your facts right.
    ( just so you know, it was about a FAC grant and a piece of land calibre issue)
    That was a completely different thing, nothing aimed at you in any way. You need to stop guessing

secondly I haven't had the time to pick the fridge up, I have been laid up with flu and the weather has put me behind in work, that's why I couldn't collect the fridge, stalking is when I can fit you in, not when you give me your dates, I said I will collect the fridge when I can, and you sent me a PM simply saying " do you want or not". Given I can't pick it up right now I replied Not in the same way you sent the message to me

And by the way, I have taken plenty of people out stalking FOC, heavens knows why, when that's the response you get to saying I can't pick up a fridge. That won't be happening with you or anyone else ever again, and just for the record, I haven't even started to look at Muntjac or Roe doe numbers yet. So how can I give anyone a date on something I haven't even started.
    Last edited by philip; 16-01-2015 at 07:34. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Firstly WB who was talking about you, certainly not me, get your facts right.
    ( just so you know, it was about a FAC grant and a piece of land calibre issue)
    That was a completely different thing, nothing aimed at you in any way. You need to stop guessing

secondly I haven't had the time to pick the fridge up, I have been laid up with flu and the weather has put me behind in work, that's why I couldn't collect the fridge, stalking is when I can fit you in, not when you give me your dates, I said I will collect the fridge when I can, and you sent me a PM simply saying " do you want or not". Given I can't pick it up right now I replied Not in the same way you sent the message to me

And by the way, I have taken plenty of people out stalking FOC, heavens knows why, when that's the response you get to saying I can't pick up a fridge. That won't be happening with you or anyone else ever again, and just for the record, I haven't even started to look at Muntjac or Roe doe numbers yet. So how can I give anyone a date on something I haven't even started.

An interesting if if highly inaccurate reply, coincidence plays a major part in your denial that the person referred to was me, do I really have to post the catalogue of lame excuses you gave me as to why you could not fulfil your offer of Munjac stalking, I gave you some dates in desperation in an attempt to get you to commit, in my opinion you do an awful lot of talking and not much in the way of action.

WB

I'd take it PM if I was you guys ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    I'd take it PM if I was you guys ?
    Already thought that,

ATB WB