Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LandRover dealership visit

Landrover dealership visit

Hi Guys.

I went into a Landrover showroom today, having a bit of time to kill. I sat in all the new vehicles they had on show, the Defender was as quirky as ever, steering wheel about 5 inches from the side window, odd positioned handbrake and with a clutch pedal weight thats about 4 times as heavy as a modern car. Every panel that had rivets in it looked to be dented too. Still, they have an appeal that's hard to deny.

They have a new model out now called the Discovery Sport, which looks like it should be called the Freelander Sport to me as it bares little resemblance to the discovery, well to my eyes at least.

Oh, I also sat in a couple of Rangerovers too, a Rangerover sport priced at 87k and a Rangerover vogue priced at an eye watering 108k, beautiful cars, but Jesus they are pricey to say the least. I bet they are both very capable off road (road tyres aside) but unless it's a company vehicle, I can't see one being used for anything remotely challenging for fear of damaging the thing.

I have never owned a Landrover but from what I have read, reliability could always be an issue. Still, if I dropped the Euro lottery jackpot the Rangerover looks mighty tempting... Backed up with a Defender to have some fun in of course!
    Last edited by paultap; 14-01-2015 at 21:31.

Forget the Vogue, try googling the Holland and Holland Range Rover. Think its Euros rollover territory plus you'd need a 'driver'!

Its not just buying it thats expensive my vouge went in for its service yesterday bill was nearly 1500.00. To be fair they did fit new brake pads and washed it at the same time!!

I must admit I've never owned an unreliable or costly Land Rover
    Baught a 2005 RR vogue SE Baught at 2 years old and I did 125 k in that other than general servicing only items to fail / wear were steering rack , a/c condenser , rear calliper , 2 x suspension pumps

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    I must admit I've never owned an unreliable or costly Land Rover
    Baught a 2005 RR vogue SE Baught at 2 years old and I did 125 k in that other than general servicing only items to fail / wear were steering rack , a/c condenser , rear calliper , 2 x suspension pumps
    ha ha ha ha , brilliant !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by Essex stalker View Post
    Its not just buying it thats expensive my vouge went in for its service yesterday bill was nearly 1500.00. To be fair they did fit new brake pads and washed it at the same time!!
    I see what you mean!.... I remember once my brother told me that his father in law put two Mercedes cars in for a full Main Dealer service at the same time (his and his wife's)... He was presented with a bill for nearly 4k... After a lot of heated words on his part, they somehow managed to knock 2k off the bill!
    Last edited by paultap; 14-01-2015 at 22:31.

they are so last year ,nice and comfy for taking rugrats around the corner to school,on the plus side you can bump up pavements no problem,
    DONT START

I know they are expensive but at the same time they do serve a purpose, i can drive from essex to scotland to do some climbing or stalking and the journey is comfortable and no stress or i can cut across the fields to go to the local pub without having to drive on public roads whatever the weather and it handles it no problem, but then as well as the RR Vouge I also have an old series 3 landy which i love driving, perhaps im just a safistic land rover addict

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    they are so last year ,nice and comfy for taking rugrats around the corner to school,on the plus side you can bump up pavements no problem,
    So what is so "this year" lurking in your garage? The LR range are probably the best vehicles on the planet. Horror stories on here can be dragged out about any make or model?

just my inane attempt at humour r/d
    DONT START