Respect while you have......

weeman

Lost my granddad earlier this week, a true work horse, a true salt of the earth guy, sxxt it just hit me, been with my dad toady talking 20 years of memory of him that I can remember amazing chap he was.

Best granddad ever...........don't no why I'm sharing this........

sorry to hear your loss Weeman , like everything in life ,you don't realise how much you take things for granted until they have gone , atb Arron. ps some hinds about !

Sincere condolences with your loss. Need to remember the good times, for me my grandad taking the time to teach me to make and set snares, to handle a gun safely and to shoot when I was a nipper. Of stirring his coffee and then placing the teaspoon on the back of my hand to see my reaction. Grannies was "less of that sort of language thank you"!
He was my hero.
take care mate

Last edited:
Lost my granddad earlier this week, a true work horse, a true salt of the earth guy, sxxt it just hit me, been with my dad toady talking 20 years of memory of him that I can remember amazing chap he was.

Best granddad ever...........don't no why I'm sharing this........

I know your pain, I have been there too often. Grand parents x 3, my favourite uncle, my mum, my dad, my big sister. It does not get easier, I'm sorry to say. It is harsh but it is the way we all must go. Remember the good times with them and live as you would wish to be remembered.

My thoughts are with you...I know well why you want to share your pain with us, strangers yet ethereal relatives. RIP.

Memories of an adoptive Granddad,..... I was about 11 & at the end of every weekend visit, He always used to bend down (guy was way over six feet tall) & kiss us, *************** Bl##dy moustache,so old & thick, that it had seen service in Egypt with horse drawn artillery, felt like a wire brush being stabbed into your face!.. final memories of me visiting him in the old Hoole lane hospital, wrists tied to the bed edge :eek:, a colossal man brought down by our common enemy, age.

Back