Thread: On the lookout for a cheap .22 setup

On the lookout for a cheap .22 setup

Hi all,
    As the title says really, I'm casually on the lookout for a cheap and cheerful .22 of some sort. Scope and mod included is desirable but I'd consider rifle only. Must be working properly and must be cheap. I want it for a practice gun to work on technique, which a lot of people have suggested is a good strategy, with the possibility of rabbits, etc, if the opportunity should arise.
    I've looked at things like Marlin 795, CBC 7022, so looking at that type of money. Like I said, I'm not nenecessarily in any rush, but it would be good to have in the cabinet for developing my technique and in case any pest control is on the cards later. I might even just save up for a while and buy a new Marlin if nothing comes up in the meantime, by all accounts they're good for the money.
    Thanks folks
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Hi all,
    As the title says really, I'm casually on the lookout for a cheap and cheerful .22 of some sort. Scope and mod included is desirable but I'd consider rifle only. Must be working properly and must be cheap. I want it for a practice gun to work on technique, which a lot of people have suggested is a good strategy, with the possibility of rabbits, etc, if the opportunity should arise.
    I've looked at things like Marlin 795, CBC 7022, so looking at that type of money. Like I said, I'm not nenecessarily in any rush, but it would be good to have in the cabinet for developing my technique and in case any pest control is on the cards later. I might even just save up for a while and buy a new Marlin if nothing comes up in the meantime, by all accounts they're good for the money.
    Thanks folks
    Hi pal
    Trev on here has a G22 for sale last I spoke to him, not had much use and he's a top bloke to deal with who has a range so if you had a ride up to him I'm in no doubt he'd welcome you and let you have a go.
    often takes him a while to get back in touch as he's an incredibly busy guy as anyone knowing his will testify to.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Look for something with a trigger of similar qualities to your stalking rifle.

Hi all,
    Thanks folks
    ???
    There are sixty on Guntrader under 150??
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Anschuz 525? I would sell mine with scope and mod! Interested?

Hi Simon I've got a weihrauch complete setup for about 450
    its not cheap but it is quality

you know where I am if you fancy a look or try your always welcome

Annie 520 with mod and scope for 100 if you want cheap or BRNO mod 2 with mod 200.

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    Annie 520 with mod and scope for 100 if you want cheap or BRNO mod 2 with mod 200.
    Tell me more...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    Hi Simon I've got a weihrauch complete setup for about 450
    its not cheap but it is quality

you know where I am if you fancy a look or try your always welcome
    Sounds lovely but it's about 300 quid over my budget sadly
    Blog

Tell me more...

Send me a pm with any questions.