Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plus 3/4's

Plus 3/4's

Hullo All,

Im looking into getting a pair of the above. Im thinking tweed, (not much else on offer) and must be lined, would ideally spend no more than about 100. Any recomendations?

Thanks

Sam

No-one?

Rekon I must be the only fool on this wave length!

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No-one?

Rekon I must be the only fool on this wave length!
    Sam
    I am a middle-aged fool, and I was going to give you www.alexander-james.co.uk as a source, but their plus 2/3/4's cost 125 for ready-made and unlined. They have a good range of tweeds.

They are good value, though. I got my shooting suit there a couple of years ago: Coat, plus-3's waistcoat and cap semi-bespoke from 22oz Islay tweed for under 500.

Bab Parrat always seem good and never heard a bad word about them.

Not used them myself mind

Thanks for the links. Im now looking at the Southerland Sporting Company. they seem to offfer a really good range

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

I take it you mean Sutherland sporting ? A pair of + fours from them will last for years .Get them made to measure and goretex lined .They will send you samples of the tweed go for keeper weight you won't regret it .

thanks and yes - I do

Sam

try john brockelhursts in bakwell, top quality kit made to measure if needed. they may have your size ready to go.

Beware fully lined plus fours.I wear them for work and decided to have a pair fully lined.The problem was i stalk on fairly steep ground and everytime i tried to crawl my knees kept sliding about on the lining making it difficult to get agood shooting rest,i cut the lining out at mid thigh and that sorted the problem.
    Cheers Hummel

Other than keeping with tradition, what advantages does wearing short trousers offer over more conventional clothing? I'm firmly in the camp that thinks they are a ridiculous, out-dated garment, by the way.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.