Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather clothings for hunting

Leather clothings for hunting

Anybody in here using leather trousers or/and jacket for hunting? Im looking for a very durable allround hunting outfit and leather/skin has come to my attention.

So I was wondering if anybody use it and can tell if it is heavy to walk around with, and does it make any noise?

And what brand do you use?

Got a full leather harkila pair of trousers .Not that noisy not really warm but comfy pig to clean snot and mud off though
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Got a full leather harkila pair of trousers .
    norma
    And? don't leave us hanging...

Thank you for the addition!

Alan
    Last edited by Alantoo; 18-01-2015 at 12:48.

Just added a few bits in between beans on toast lol

Got Harkila Jamtland & Kodiak trousers and the Jamtlant trousers are heavy, cold, get soaked and a swine to clean but the pisstake is always a bit YMCA orientated.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Got Harkila Jamtland & Kodiak trousers and the Jamtlant trousers are heavy, cold, get soaked and a swine to clean but the pisstake is always a bit YMCA orientated.
    Ditto the piss take broad shoulders though I love the look lol

I have German lederhosen breeks and matching gillet very quiet and hardwearing Only use in summer for woodland stalking. if it gets soaked v uncomfortable and cold. Imagine being wrapped in a wet chamois leather But easy to just brush muck off when its dry

D

Can't imagine wanting to wear leather in any inclement weather.
    works well in boots but with so many better material options that are lighter, quieter, warmer, drier, easier to clean and look after, won't prompt comments about fetish wear etc.......

and they are usually more expensive!!

I have Leather Breeks great for getting through thick stuff I just spray with leather oil and go for it. Get a few funny looks if I need to nip in to Petrol station etc.

Wear it nice and snug and I don't see how you'll be any more uncomfortable than when the donating critter was wearing it.

As with boots, leather jeans/cargos benefit from a beeswax based dressing. You may then simply hose off crud to permit unchallenged entry to the Blue Limpit & Eel Bar.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.