Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boots

Boots

Right guys after a new pair of boots for shooting/stalking etc. must keep feet warm and dry . My current pair are doing neither now anyone got some recommendations?

Le Chameau Mouflon Plus for me. Keep the leather well-dubbined & they'll last years

The mil surplus Haix or Altbergs are worth a look - could save you enough cash for a day or two at deer.

I got mine (Haix) here but they don't seem to have any stock at present as I'd bet demand was pretty high, although they claimed to be "grade 1" the ones I got were brand new and a mate had the same experience:

Footwear - British Military Surplus

The Haix are goretex lined and mine are certainly waterproof, I don't think Altberg favour goretex type linings but would expect them to be waterproof in most normal use.

As well as the surplus Haix I have 6 other pairs of boots. The Haix took a little while to break in for me, but higher leg boots always do with me and my Doovres were the same, but apart from that I'd recommend them and would say they compare well with all the other pairs I have including the Doovre Extreme Plus and also my favoured Scarpa SL 3/4 season hill boots.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Ditto from swillingtons had mine a good few months now and feel they are a great boot. I would never buy Mendel again

Cheers guys Ill have a look ,hate having cold feet so want to pick right this time.

Just got back from hinds in the most disgusting conditions. Army surplus extreme cold weather boots at a price of tuppence ha'penny for an issued pair worked very well. Will buy another pair, one for up there one for here. Buy a good insole for them.

Just got a pair of Harkilla boots from the Mrs absolutely brilliant, zip up the back so no laces to worry about,
    warm dry and very comfy
    cheers
    Ray

Altbergs for me. Had a pair of field and fell for 15 years still warm and waterproof. Keep them well protected with the ledergris supplied with boots and they're soft and waterproof. They last really well and can be refurbished at the factory.I think they supply to MOD with cold weather boots if you really feel the cold.
    Regards Rob.

Altbergs had mine 13 years worn nearly every day love them and now they do brown, just treated myself to a second pair in brown

Same here. Cheap as chips and really very good.....if you can live with black.

Quote Originally Posted by Essexsussex View Post
    Just got back from hinds in the most disgusting conditions. Army surplus extreme cold weather boots at a price of tuppence ha'penny for an issued pair worked very well. Will buy another pair, one for up there one for here. Buy a good insole for them.