Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bringing dog from ireland

bringing dog from ireland

Has anyone done this and if so is there a transporter/courier company they could recommend?

Thanks

What you do is get some of the greyhound transport men they go from
    Midlands of Ireland all the way down to London they will have several
    drop of points on the way .get your breeder to look them up for you.
    hope this helped��

+1, any decent greyhound man should be able to sort you out.

Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

It will need a pet passport. Will have to be a minimum of 15 weeks old (12 weeks for rabies, and 3 week wait).

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    It will need a pet passport. Will have to be a minimum of 15 weeks old (12 weeks for rabies, and 3 week wait).
    I don't think so. Both of my dogs regularly travelled back and forth when I lived there. Nobody ever asked me about them.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

The OP says 'Ireland'. I am assuming the republic (south). If that is the case a pet passport is an absolute requirement. Movement from the North to the South also technically requires a pet passport.

Pet Travel and EU Pet Passport - Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    The OP says 'Ireland'. I am assuming the republic (south). If that is the case a pet passport is an absolute requirement. Movement from the North to the South also technically requires a pet passport.

Pet Travel and EU Pet Passport - Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine
    Mad. Even the ferry companies say the same. I must have travelled all of those routes dozens of times and nobody has ever said anything about my dogs. I even remember the customs folk petting the Labrador when she was a puppy.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

I've taken our dogs many times from Ireland to the UK and never needed a pet passport or been asked for it, we flew as well.... I did it at Christmas with my Patterdale (8 month old pup). No issues at all.

OK guys. On your head be it. Strictly it is a requirement.

Enforcement of EU Regulations was introduced by British authorities in about Jan 2014 to curb the number of puppy farmed dogs entering the UK from the Republic. They are looking for both the PP and rabies shot. With age restrictions as outlined by Apache. The Irish authorities do not check when animals are going the other way. In most cases there are no checks for pet dogs accompanied by owners, at UK point of entry, though the requirements are there. However for commercial movements (greyhounds, pups for resale and animals without owners) it is a different matter. Of course there are no inspections for animals entering GB when transiting from NI.