bringing dog from ireland

What you do is get some of the greyhound transport men they go from
Midlands of Ireland all the way down to London they will have several
drop of points on the way .get your breeder to look them up for you.
hope this helped

It will need a pet passport. Will have to be a minimum of 15 weeks old (12 weeks for rabies, and 3 week wait).

I don't think so. Both of my dogs regularly travelled back and forth when I lived there. Nobody ever asked me about them.

The OP says 'Ireland'. I am assuming the republic (south). If that is the case a pet passport is an absolute requirement. Movement from the North to the South also technically requires a pet passport.

Pet Travel and EU Pet Passport - Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine

Mad. Even the ferry companies say the same. I must have travelled all of those routes dozens of times and nobody has ever said anything about my dogs. I even remember the customs folk petting the Labrador when she was a puppy.

I've taken our dogs many times from Ireland to the UK and never needed a pet passport or been asked for it, we flew as well.... I did it at Christmas with my Patterdale (8 month old pup). No issues at all.

Enforcement of EU Regulations was introduced by British authorities in about Jan 2014 to curb the number of puppy farmed dogs entering the UK from the Republic. They are looking for both the PP and rabies shot. With age restrictions as outlined by Apache. The Irish authorities do not check when animals are going the other way. In most cases there are no checks for pet dogs accompanied by owners, at UK point of entry, though the requirements are there. However for commercial movements (greyhounds, pups for resale and animals without owners) it is a different matter. Of course there are no inspections for animals entering GB when transiting from NI.

The OP says 'Ireland'. I am assuming the republic (south). If that is the case a pet passport is an absolute requirement. Movement from the North to the South also technically requires a pet passport.

Pet Travel and EU Pet Passport - Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine

Apache, I'm gobsmacked! In all probability there are now more people on SD than in Ireland who know about the regulations. How will I break the news to herself about the Munty trip with a side order of CWD at the end of March?

Ion

Apache, I'm gobsmacked! In all probability there are now more people on SD than in Ireland who know about the regulations. How will I break the news to herself about the Munty trip with a side order of CWD at the end of March?

Ion

Seems to me the Irish are rather less interested in petty rules than the average member of this site.

For the price of a fill of diesel I can make the dog legal.

After all I buy dog licences in the vain hope that it will help to pay for a dog warden.
I pay for Firearm Certs. My UK visitors cert is free of charge I think. I reckon I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have been asked for a licence of any description including drivers licence in the last year, but I still have them all. What a prat I would feel to have a trip aborted by the absence of one of them.

I think its bureacracy taken to its limits but as one who was laid off without pay during Foot and Mouth this in reality is a minor inconvenience.

We cheerfully ignored the 'trained hunter' requirements until the last minute and guess what? It bit a good few people on the bum!

Ion

Takes 3 weeks to get a passport for a dog. Quicker than for a person.....................
NO it doesnt i recently sold german pointer pup to England from ireland.The vet done it their and then 50 euro for the book and the shots.it is a requirement.

NO it doesnt i recently sold german pointer pup to England from ireland.The vet done it their and then 50 euro for the book and the shots.it is a requirement.

Acoording to Department website rabies vaccination has to be given 21 days before travel, which effectively makes it a 3 week wait. My vet says the vaccination is good for 3 years so basically cost is spread over 3 years if only travelling Ireland / UK. Herself is 11 so I dont think revaccination will be a problem.

Ion

Back