Thread: HACCAP plans required

HACCAP plans required

Hi
    I'm after some hacap plans for mincing venison, making venison sausages and burgers. Need some good quality ones for me to adapt and tweak for my own use.
    If any one has some and is happy to share please PM me and I wil send you my email address.
    Happy to make a contribution to a charity of your choice.
    Thanks
    jim

HAACP is actually defunct now,but the basics of any HAACP plan is to let your EHO know that you understand the problems that may or may not arise while you are butchering your Deer and then mincing the parts you want,so...... They want to know....
    1)that the Deer carcass has been well looked after right from being shot in the field and gralloched up to transporting it back to your larder and being kept at temperature
    2) that the area you are butchering/mincing in is clean
    3) that you have checked and found no faecal contamination
    4) that the meat has been kept at a proper temperature at all times so as it doesn't spoil
    5) that the machinery(mincer etc.) is clean
    6) that you have clean food grade trays/freezer bags etc.

This is the basics of HAACP it is just to show in black and white that you have a working knowledge of hygiene which obviously has to be all put down on paper so they can read it and ask you questions about it.There is more to it than just the 6) parts above but that should get you going.I am/was a HAACP Manager passing the course when it first ran out......

Just curious but you both use the terms HAACP and HACCAP

I only know HACCP - Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points- so are we talking about the same thing?
    Last edited by Archer; 19-01-2015 at 05:18.

10 months ago my local EHO expected a HACCP plan and said she was impressed with the one I produced, OK she might be easily impressed! PM me your email and I'll send you a copy for you to amend and use as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Just curious but you both use the terms HAACP and HACCAP

I only know HACCP - Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points- so are we talking about the same thing?
    Yes one and the same it is actually HACCP if you look at the time I posted it was gone one in the morning and that is my excuse.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    Yes one and the same it is actually HACCP if you look at the time I posted it was gone one in the morning and that is my excuse.....lol
    Fair do's and thanks for clarification but,

[HAACP is actually defunct]
    isn't quite right.

Once a plan is in place anyone can argue they have no need to review it or re validate it, but, if they supply an intermediate customer who is required to show "due diligence", with a food product, or are visited by EHOs and BRC auditors who make regular system checks, then they will find a current, regularly reviewed, updated and validated plan will need to be provided
    Last edited by Archer; 20-01-2015 at 08:26.