Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr Pro Hunter Mk2 .308 with Predator T8 mod

Steyr Pro Hunter Mk2 .308 with Predator T8 mod - NOW SOLD!

For sale Steyr Pro Hunter Mk2 in .308 with T8 moderator and over 100 worth of ammo - NOW SOLD!

(Please note its a T8 mod and not a Predator - I got a bit confused with my names when I wrote the title and can't edit it!)

I have taken the scope, bipod and sling off the rifle, but it comes with rings and bases - I have both 1" and 30mm rings with the rifle due to having had different scopes on it, both will be included in the sale.

I've just had a look in the cabinet and I have 90 rounds (4 1/2 boxes) of Sako ammo - and at 25.05 a box (which it is in Bagnall and Kirkwood where I got it from) that alone is worth just over 112.50.

I'll get the rifle out and take a few photos tomorrow, and see if there are any other bits to go with it. I'm sure there will be cleaning rods, jags etc that I can chuck in with it.

I'm only selling as I have put a deposit on a Blaser R93... my FLO isn't happy with me having another large calibre rifle and I could do with the cash for what is going to turn into an expensive purchase by the time I've bought new rilfe, bases and mod.

Obviously face to face or RFD transfer only, I'm based in Newcastle but am regularly in Yorkshire (around Catterick or Leeds)

Please PM me for any more details
    Last edited by Gez; 28-05-2010 at 11:32. Reason: added the number of rounds I have

Regular Poster
    When will you post the photos.

Barry

Update, the rifle is still for sale... apologies for the (huge) delay in uploading photos... working 13 hour days for the last couple of weeks together with Family visiting for Easter all whilst trying to look after a puppy has taken its toll on me!

However, I have finally got a few moments to get the rifle out and take a few photos. I have tried to take a close-up photo of the whole rifle and mod so that you can get a rough idea of the condition (as you can see the rifle is in very good condition). Please note the bipod is not included in the sale, I just put it on to make taking those pictures easier!

Please PM me for any more information.

Cheers

Gez
    Last edited by Gez; 11-04-2010 at 11:56. Reason: To add the bit about the bipod!

That looks like a good deal, how much use has the rifle had? What standard of accuracy can be expected from it?

Dave

Honestly Dave, I'm not exactly sure how much use the rifle has had, as I bought it second hand from Fenland Rural Sports approximately a year ago.

However, It was in very good nick when I bought it (and had obviously had fairly little use) and I would like to think that I have kept it in pretty much the same condition.

In the year that I have owned it, I have only shot 2 deer with it (with 2 shots!) (probably had it out in the field 6 times plus 3 days up in Scotland for the SD stalking last Oct) and I have been to about 6 or 7 range days (firing approx 20 rounds per day).

I'd say the rifle is capable of a lot better grouping than my shooting can deliver but I'd be disappointed (with myself) if I wasnt putting 3 shots in an inch or a bit less at 100m. However, that is all I would expect from me with any rifle, so thats not to say it can't do better!

Is this rifle still for sale?

I can vouch for the quality of rifle Steyr make. It not my Truman Cupote it has to be said, but others will use nothing else. The Mark II is a cracking rifle, without the Mark I stock issues, and the above (judging on the pictures) should serve someone for a very long time to come.

Prohunter bashing is very fassionable at the moment, but IMHO most of it is band wagon jumping.

Sam
    Last edited by Sam; 25-05-2010 at 16:12. Reason: Missing out words. Such a moron some times.
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by tomlunt89 View Post
    Is this rifle still for sale?
    Sorry mate, it's mine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6873.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	1178
    It shoots well and has already been christened
    I recommend Steyr Mannlicher rifles.

ATB

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I'd say the rifle is capable of a lot better grouping than my shooting can deliver but I'd be disappointed (with myself) if I wasnt putting 3 shots in an inch or a bit less at 100m. However, that is all I would expect from me with any rifle, so thats not to say it can't do better!
    i think you'll find that the R93 tops that!