Not Deerstalking but fieldsport related

It may be to appease all sides he would put it to a free vote. Chances are a free vote would not repeal the bill. Remember the majority of voters are townies. The antis have a well funded and powerful voice. Then in power he appologises. Lets face it if an anti can chop the head off a hunter and be not guilty because he felt threatened by the cruel hunters who were coming to beat him up having failed to shoot down his girochopper what chance?
Jim

We've been here before but I believe it is worth remembering that the original ban was brought in on a free vote. Blair supported the Third Way and licensing, Ms Widdecombe supported an outright ban. No political spin intended, just a statement of the facts.

I don't believe he has promised to repeal the Hunting Act because he can't. As far as I can recall all he has promised is to allow a vote on repeal, probably a free vote without the whips.

I don't believe he has promised to repeal the Hunting Act because he can't. As far as I can recall all he has promised is to allow a vote on repeal, probably a free vote without the whips.
Typical MP, promise it but will he deliver it???
basil.

I suspect that if he is elected he might have more important things to worry about than fox hunting?

Andrew

Back