Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a lonely place to die

a lonely place to die

Has anyone seen the film?

I watched it at the weekend, it's quite intense with unexpected twists set in the Highlands and loosely based on a deerstalking theme.

What is the .308 with "OPTIK" on the scope? it had an interesting barrel (not the silver one, that looked like a toy rifle)
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Remington VTR I think. Triangular barrel.

Can't see those lads passing their DSC 1 anytime soon ! Couldn't hit a bulls arse with a banjo!

PH.

Quote Originally Posted by prohunter78 View Post
    Remington VTR I think. Triangular barrel.

Can't see those lads passing their DSC 1 anytime soon ! Couldn't hit a bulls arse with a banjo!

PH.
    Thanks, I might have to get me one of those
    I made a similar comment to the wife while we were watching it, but we agreed that if they had been better shots everyone would have been dead in the first 20 mins.
    Last edited by Si; 20-01-2015 at 21:06.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I suspect that like a lot of films, it's very good entertainment (I did enjoy it) but if you have a bit of knowledge about something depicted, you start to see such things as their inability to hit pretty easy targets as faults. Similar to when people split up in a haunted castle. You scream at the telly at times, but it's all ploys to progress the plot.

In a similar vein, I was taken by my son to watch American Sniper today. Must be a couple of years since I've been to the cinema. You might think it's yet another American jingoistic shoot-em-up. To an extent it is, but it is also a very good film based of course on reality. Anyone with a couple of hours spare could do worse than watch it.

I watched it. I suspect the stainless rifle had a third eye tactical brake on it.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    ....but if you have a bit of knowledge about something depicted, you start to see such things as their inability to hit pretty easy targets as faults. Similar to when people split up in a haunted castle. You scream at the telly at times, but it's all ploys to progress the plot.
    Like the endless supply of .308 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    I suspect that like a lot of films, it's very good entertainment (I did enjoy it) but if you have a bit of knowledge about something depicted, you start to see such things as their inability to hit pretty easy targets as faults. Similar to when people split up in a haunted castle. You scream at the telly at times, but it's all ploys to progress the plot.

In a similar vein, I was taken by my son to watch American Sniper today. Must be a couple of years since I've been to the cinema. You might think it's yet another American jingoistic shoot-em-up. To an extent it is, but it is also a very good film based of course on reality. Anyone with a couple of hours spare could do worse than watch it.
    I read the book American Sniper 2 months ago and I was surprised that after going into security training work he gets killed at a shooting range by an ex US soldier presumably with PTSS but the case is still running in Texas. Gives you the creeps to think that the on the next stand to you shooter could lose his marbles and POP. My indoor range/gun shop that I was using in Milpitas California had had 4 suicides happen on their range using their rental guns over the last 4 years.
    Martin

Thanks for the spoiler BB

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post

I watched it at the weekend, it's quite intense with unexpected twists set in the Highlands and loosely based on a deerstalking theme.
    if you like that film you love Blooded.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post

What is the .308 with "OPTIK" on the scope? it had an interesting barrel (not the silver one, that looked like a toy rifle)
    Watched it a couple of years ago and thought how bad some of the shooting scenes were especially the poor bloke who gets shot with the rifle 3 or 4 times at close range but doesn't seem to show any effect from the energy impact of the bullets hitting him.