Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open ticket form

Open ticket form

Anyone had any experience of filling this form in?
    Should I just write the obvious or are they looking for more?

many thanks

Ian

I didn't know there was a form to fill in to apply for an open ticket !
    In the past I have written letters for people that I have accompanied over a period of time just stating that I have observed them over a certain period take x number of animals over various terrain and formed the opinion that they were competant to decide when and where it was safe to shoot etc etc.
    They have then just submitted it with a request to have territorial restrictions lifted and that was it.
    Obviously an amount of time and a few animals must have been taken to indicate that experiance has been gained.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I didn't know there was a form to fill in to apply for an open ticket !
    In the past I have written letters for people that I have accompanied over a period of time just stating that I have observed them over a certain period take x number of animals over various terrain and formed the opinion that they were competant to decide when and where it was safe to shoot etc etc.
    They have then just submitted it with a request to have territorial restrictions lifted and that was it.
    Obviously an amount of time and a few animals must have been taken to indicate that experiance has been gained.
    . Never heard of such but that's all of these FLDs writing up what they want and not the requirements of the said Statutes of Law. I have mentioned on other threads that I never had any experience, no mentor as such but had a few permissions and because I had these permissions with deer on I asked for an FAC that would allow me to go anywhere for purchased days etc and they asked me to join a shooting club to gain experience and I told them that it was not prerequisite requirement to join any sort of club and that if I needed to take care of a pest/vermin/deer then I could not phone up my friend and ask him to help me as he would have been on his way to England or in his bed sleeping and that's why when they asked if I have somebody to show me what to do I told them I could not rely on waiting for someone to hold my hand. Why is it that most people requesting a FAC in Scotland do have a Go anywhere and not held by the hand Ticket and yet on this forum there have been loads n loads with criteria that can be very unworkable for most Shooters.

Never seen a form, just wrote letters.

I just asked them to open it when I changed address. No problems. Didn't really explain why I needed it - just asked. This was on my first FAC held for 3 1/2 years and was done middle of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mwncidur View Post
    Anyone had any experience of filling this form in?
    Should I just write the obvious or are they looking for more?

many thanks

Ian
    No doubt an unoficial form that has been produced internally by Dyfed Powys police for their own use. Scan it and send a copy to your shooting organisation firearms department for their opinion on the matter. I'm fairly sure I know what they will say Ian.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Never seen a form, just wrote letters.
    same as you ,i just asked for an open ticket & got it.

Quote Originally Posted by nala123 View Post
    same as you ,i just asked for an open ticket & got it.
    Same here.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    I just asked for mine opened by letter just now, don't know the result....hopefully I don't get a form sent back to me asking it to be filled in!

mines in at the moment as a variation and request to open, no form just a letter attached to the variation form... will keep you updated