Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little snow - Have a good day!

A little snow - Have a good day!

Well we've had it snowing (Fairly lightly) through the night but it's started getting heavier and the weatherman said to expext 10 - 15cm. At the moment it's about 3 inches deep but by the looks of the sky there's a lot more up there where this lot came from.
    Not to worry, up here in "our neck of the woods" we just get on with it and (As you will hear towards the end of this short video) we just tell everyone to "Have a good day"!
    How is everyone else faring with the snow that was forecast?

You wanna get out after mr charlie, I find its the best time to get them when it snow!

During our last fall a few days ago a friend had 10 Carrion crows in his large cage trap one morning.
    He also found an old, deceased , emaciated dog-fox .

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach2986 View Post
    You wanna get out after mr charlie, I find its the best time to get them when it snow!
    I'll leave that up to you for now mate. I have to agree that the best time (In my opinion) is when there's a covering of fresh snow on the ground but there are limits to my stupidity - We've had another 2 inches fall in the last hour and it's still coming cown thick and fast and I don't want to end up like a lost Yettie!
    Maybe hibernation might be a better idea!

Just had 40cm since monday. Out snowploughing, looking forward to getting out foxing.

...I'll tell you what, the East Lancs accent isn't what I expected!!

Not a speck of snow over here....wife and kids will be gutted if I show them your vid!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    ...I'll tell you what, the East Lancs accent isn't what I expected!!

Not a speck of snow over here....wife and kids will be gutted if I show them your vid!
    I know what you mean mate! I'm just a "Country Bumpkin" that got deported to East Lancs!

Send some down here please. The thought of seeing Spring without at least one day out in the white stuff is a grim prospect.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Not too far away from you on a shoot day on Monday frenchie.
    cardiac hill was hard work...
    Attachment 51915
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Yesterday we had about 42 flakes fall in an hour, today twice that amount in 3 hours.
    But don't worry I'm not going to let it worry me, I'm still going to pop round the corner to get some milk.

Neil.