Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Canada any cheaper?

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries

Is Canada any cheaper?

I know are American friends seem to get most shooting equipment cheaper, I was wondering if this is the same in Canadia. I am going in July and was thinking of maybe trying to pick up so new bino's and maybe an xsearcher.

Quote Originally Posted by joed View Post
    I know are American friends seem to get most shooting equipment cheaper, I was wondering if this is the same in Canadia. I am going in July and was thinking of maybe trying to pick up so new bino's and maybe an xsearcher.
    Off to Vancouver on Saturday. USD/CAD is bad now and most stuff you want will be of US origin. No bargains or discounts being offered.

Stan

Aye, and Vancouver (or Hongcouver as the locals are calling it) is an expensive town. Very nice though. Dine at Joe Forties. I never actually saw a gun shop but I didn't look hard.
    Have fun.

Things are generally cheaper as they are the same price in dollars as in pounds, the pound is weaker against most currencies at the moment but July is a long way off, shop around for your money, avoid the banks, and when you find a rate, ask who you want to use to match it, I use Eurochange , Thomson travel matched them last year when I asked.

My family who live in the Vancouver area sometimes drive down over the border to buy certain things because they are significantly cheaper there in the USA. - They have to remove packaging / labels etc to avoid duty/taxes though!

Ian

Blog Entries
    Hia

The Canadian dollar may be down against the US dollar but the Pound is riding high against the Canadian Dollar. It should work out OK.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421924159.051156.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	51953

I'm off to Ontario for Black Bear in September.

Canucks moan about the cost of US imported products but they are not on the same scale as the UK. Take a look for Outfitters stores or Basspro in Canada.

You should make a saving. I'm taking a spare suitcase..
    Last edited by NorthDorset; 22-01-2015 at 11:36.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

We pay , on average , about 20% more on everything in Canada . It's still a lot cheaper than the UK though , it also depends on what your looking for . As the above posters have pointed out , Van is an expensive city . As the old joke says , BC stands for bring cash lol . BC has a sales tax too , in Alberta we don't , but we have a lot more gunshops .

AB

What about "exporting" kit...any ITAR type regs re Canada ?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    We pay , on average , about 20% more on everything in Canada . It's still a lot cheaper than the UK though , it also depends on what your looking for . As the above posters have pointed out , Van is an expensive city . As the old joke says , BC stands for bring cash lol . BC has a sales tax too , in Alberta we don't , but we have a lot more gunshops .

AB
    In Canada they also have this amusing running joke of not including VAT on price tags, so every time you pay for something you have the pleasure of discovering that it's more expensive than you thought. Good gag.

I've had wine and shotgun shells (don't ask) in the same basket in a N.C. store and at the checkout had to show id...for the wine.
    Showed my uk driving licence...that confused 'em
    didn't have to show proof of age though.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"