Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why !

Why !

picture this if you will ,

a hard working stalker (me) crawling for england accross a 150 acre field towards 4 red hinds and they are laying down infront of the only safe backstop on the field !

most including me would be thinking brill a cracking chance to notch up another couple before the close of the season , so back to the crawl , after 15 mins of slogging my guts out i finally get myself reasonably close , out with the range finder my guess at 150 yds wasnt far out at 165 yds .

so out down with the bipod legs get ones breath for a min ,peek down the scope and 1 of the hinds gets up looking to her right and then they all cart off like bloody lewis hamilton over the F#$KING BOUNDARY

i get up on my knees to have a look at whats going on and there was 2 ramblers taking it apon then selves to bloody well ramble up the headland where there are NO FOOT PATHS !

i placed signs saying no entry and all that , but did they read them ? did they heck

well thanks for reading my rant !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

It's a common occurance up here in Scotland, people can walk pretty much where they want as long as they are not damaging crops.

Horse riders can ride up the tramlines of drilled fields too, anywhere they want!!!!

I've lost count of the stalks that have been disturbed by dog walkers, ramblers or horse riders.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    i placed signs saying no entry and all that , but did they read them ? did they heck
    Aaargh!!! Not good, free-ranging kagooles. Time to augmnent your signs with "Beware of Adders".

If that fails you could always try "Beware of wild boar".
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Lee welcome to the modern world of stalking i bump in to people all the time from 6 in the morning when its still dark right past last light.
    ps i stalk mostly in scotland and roam they do.....................
    amberdog

And they are almost the same type - either a little bit crazy or one of these do-gooder world saving types absolute green nut jobs who upon spotting you feels he/she has to educate you on the things you are doing wrong in your life. "Why I wouldn't do that, and that thing I'm pointing at needs changed so get that done for my next visit and you need to recycle more and fit in with nature like I do and..."

The other thing I've noticed about them is that if you happen to walk your dog around their living room at, say, 6 in the morning then for some reason this becomes private property and you've no right to be there, how does that prime example of do-gooder double standards work then?

After a 3 hour drive towing a traller & quad bike I get to my ground at about 06:30, start getting my kit organised, when i get a good morning from a dog walker coming down the road with his 4 dogs.
    Grate start to a days stalking.

John

Quote Originally Posted by MACKY View Post
    After a 3 hour drive towing a traller & quad bike I get to my ground at about 06:30, start getting my kit organised, when i get a good morning from a dog walker coming down the road with his 4 dogs.
    Grate start to a days stalking.

John
    john,

i do really feel for you , im lucky my stalking is half hour tops away !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

so d'ya tell em where to ramble?

Putting "no entry" sign was probably the invite they were looking for if you put up "everybody their mates and all their dogs and kids come ere sign" they'd probably feck off somewhere else,know the feeling mate got a lovely bit of valley no footpath but full of dog walkers and horseriders.

Now the feeling, was stalking woodland trust land with warning signs and red and white tape across all the gateways and we still found joggers and dog walkers in the wood. Another time outside Reading, was just to pull the trigger on a Roe doe when a collie appeared barking its head off at me. Roe dissapears owner appears and says "oh I had Heard the stalking had been let", no footpaths, but she liked to walk in the woods. Was polite through gritted teeth. Think we will be seeing more of this type of stuff if the government keeps pushing for more access for the public.