Thread: a spinone!

a spinone!

I bought a dog for tracking for the oh, originally went for a gwp, but didnt like the litter, went off the idea for a while, eventually came across spins always fancied one and well here we have Sika, 7 months old now and always acting the fool, but she has the most amazing nose ever. We'll see how her training comes along.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mentalspin1.jpg   sikandummy1.JPG  

A mate I shoot pheasants with has a Spinone and Its interesting to watch it chase hares until its out of sight and then come back at the same speed and throw itself at him.

Am I missing something, or just having a senior moment, but those look rather like pictures of GWPs????

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    I bought a dog for tracking for the oh, originally went for a gwp, but didnt like the litter, went off the idea for a while, eventually came across spins always fancied one and well here we have Sika, 7 months old now and always acting the fool, but she has the most amazing nose ever. We'll see how her training comes along.....
    Hi Michelle - are you sure you've dropped the right photos in??

I'm no expert, but that doesn't look much like a Spinone... Is it a Spinone/GWP cross?

(Apologies in advance if I'm wrong )
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Hiya
    No she is a spin, its just shes quite a dark one, the more popular colour is the white or white and orange, i just prefer the brown roan. If you enlarge the pics and have a closer look at her ears (theyre huge) and her eyes(theyre baggy) shes a bit taller too than a gwp, shes just 7 months and fairly big, 30 kilos and 25 inches at shoulder, a bit lean and no muscle as yet but she is coming on steady.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sikainkitchen.jpg   sikachilling2.jpg  
    Last edited by Gaz; 30-03-2010 at 11:56.

OK, I'm convinced! Never seen one that colour. Looks as though she'll be BIG, if she grows into those feet!

Andrew

Smashing looking dog!, A certain amount of mischief making in those eyes I think!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi Michelle - thanks for the extra photos; hope you didn't think I was out of order... I've just not seen one with that colouration before, and thought you may have done what I've done before now - make a reference to a wrong photo and confuse the hell out of everyone.!! Me and IT stuff don't really get on.....

Big slice of humble pie for me....

Smart looking dog, BTW!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

spin

No probs, shes an ugly beggar anyhow but lovely with it.
    Cheers
    Michelle

Blimey that's a tail.