Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Precision Zodiac moderator information wanted

Question Lawrence Precision Zodiac moderator information wanted

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how many baffles are in the Zodiac moderator by checking theirs. I will go back to Simon once I can confirm this, but want to know what has been supplied before I do.

Regards,

Simon

I've got an eclipse and could check tomorrow eve if that helps?

Hi, Sorry for not replying, been away, didn't plan that well! If you would check the Eclipse that will be helpful,

Many thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon, you do know Simon L is doing some good deals on some of them at the moment, that's if he has any left, they were going at half his rrp so on a par with other moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Hi Simon, you do know Simon L is doing some good deals on some of them at the moment, that's if he has any left, they were going at half his rrp so on a par with other moderators.
    Thats why I bouight mine, 25 more than a Hardy yet being titanium it'll outlast the Hardy by some considerable time.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SaOsborne View Post
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how many baffles are in the Zodiac moderator by checking theirs. I will go back to Simon once I can confirm this, but want to know what has been supplied before I do.

Regards,

Simon

Cutting to (what I think) is the chase here - the Eclipse and Zodiac are the same dimensions - the only difference is an extra baffle. I am aware that SL has put Eclipse end caps on Zodiac modes, because it was what he had in supplying the run out stock. I think numbers of baffles are specified on the website?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I have ordered and received 2 Zodiac's in the sale, LP was not as helpful as I expected ,advising me he was selling these at cost of materials only, and as such didn't have much time for anything non standard. My query is as no mention of baffle No's is mentioned and the "Eclipse and Zodiac are the same can how can I tell this is a Zodiac. I am surprised at how much blast is evident from my .243 compared to my admittedly much larger previous can. I have 8 Baffles fitted can anyone clear up if this is correct for the Zodiac.

Many thanks,

Simon

I've got a LP aurora on a 6.5 x 55 I'm not sure how many baffles but I will check and to be fair I really don't notice it being loud when taking a shot the exit hole is 7.8 mm with 21 inch barrel

im surprised that you feel your eclipse / zodiac is loud / has noticeable muzzle blast with a 243 what's your exit hole diameter ? If it's cal specific your 243 being 6 mm ish would have an exit hole diameter of about 7.3 mm at a guess

could be worth checking

Hi Mark,

Mine is for 6.5mm max as used on 2 rifles, with an exit of 8mm. I discussed this with Simon @ LP, he agreed it would make no perceivable difference as 6mm would be 7.5mm exit anyhow. My old mod is 8mm exit and is much quieter. This is almost uncomfortable, even though the blast is short and well contained, but is notibaly louder. I have no other factory mod to compare to, my old mod was a custom and is not a fair comparison as its volume is huge compared to this one, though it does prove nothing beats volume if you want to quieten things down!

regards,

Simon

SD Regular
    Simon, I don't think a baffle either way is the issue here - albeit that I would want to assure myself I had bought what I ordered - indeed I had the very same conversation - and got the same response as you.

What I can identify is that a titanium moderator has a different resonance to it and until it beds in and gets a bit of muck in it to seal it a bit, it probably does sound louder. When you step away, and hear someone else fire it you will notice a difference though.

I'm not excusing LP customer service here, which has been poor - selling cheap, whatever the reason does not give one the right to be off-hand or rude - but I don't think he's dishonest. He will have supplied what was ordered.

I ordered a Zodiac - while mine says Eclipse on it, I am assured that the eight baffles it contains is the Zodiac spec - and that he didn't have a Zodiac end cap. If that's the compromise I have to make for a half price mod.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........