Thread: looking for experienced stalker to tag along with (Gloucester area ideally.)

looking for experienced stalker to tag along with (Gloucester area ideally.)

I am looking for a local experienced stalker that would be willing to let me tag along for a few stalks.
    I am doing my DSC1 at the moment and would just like to get a bit more practical experience by seeing some stalking in the field.
    My idea would be to basically just tag along whenever it suits you and try and learn as much as I can. I am based in Gloucestershire but I wouldn't mind driving a bit.

Thank you in advance!

Martin

I booked a couple of outings with Paul Hill from the Corinium range. Both were successful from the point of view of acquiring both deer and stalking experience plus range time and rifle instruction. well worth it.

Alan

Martin, the NC-DMG are meeting up in cheltenham on 23rd, come along and meet a bunch of local stalkers, all nice guys and I'm sure we can sort you out. We're shooting some estates at the moment so there should be every opportunity.
    PM me for details
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Bandooki View Post
    Martin, the NC-DMG are meeting up in cheltenham on 23rd, come along and meet a bunch of local stalkers, all nice guys and I'm sure we can sort you out. We're shooting some estates at the moment so there should be every opportunity.
    PM me for details
    B
    That is the the 23rd. February, by the way.
    Please have a look at the North-Cotswolds Deer Management Group website to get some idea of who we are and what we do.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Hi everyone, thank you for the suggestions I will take it up with the individual posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    That is the the 23rd. February, by the way.
    Please have a look at the North-Cotswolds Deer Management Group website to get some idea of who we are and what we do.
    Would it be acceptable for me to tag along on this meeting? Am just in the process of moving from South Cotswolds to Stow on the Wold so would be interested to meet some fellow stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by jackselby3000 View Post
    Would it be acceptable for me to tag along on this meeting? Am just in the process of moving from South Cotswolds to Stow on the Wold so would be interested to meet some fellow stalkers.
    Please pop along, Stow has 2 or 3 active members nearby.
    Get a chance to meet up, if you feel left out ask for Mark or Eric.

if anyone needs a lift, I would be moving from dursley up to the meeting. pm me if you want to carpool.