Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft southerner .

Soft southerner .

Ok have you seen how cold it is? Minus 8 this morning and tomorrow I will be up a highseat before dawn. Lovely girl she is too.......

Essential kit
    Silly thick warm jumper. Bought it at the shooting show the other year. Very warm.
    Thermals, lots of.
    hot water bottle. I really don't like the cold.
    heated electric jacket. Usually used on the motorbike best bit of kit I ever bought. Had it nearly 20 years and it has been all over Europe. Never leave home without it. but will be bringing small lamping batteries for when the hot water bottle runs out. Told you I don't like the cold.
    one of those zippo hand warmer things so my hand doesn't freeze into a claw.

im sure that is bbq weather for a load of you lot specially them wot wear skirts up north.
    Buti I don't like the cold

ohh and ski gloves
    and lined snow boots.

wonder if I could transport a car battery to the high seat to keep myself plugged in.
    Last edited by The Singing Stalker; 23-01-2015 at 15:10.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Wonder if the deer can see a heat haze or feel the heat radiating from the high seat

they are bostin warm ,till your scuddy student nephew "borrows" it and leaves it somewhere in welsh wales but cant remember where

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    heated electric jacket
    Remember and take lots of soft fluffy insulated stuff to sit on so your vagina doesn't freeze shut

Hot water bottle currently working wonderfully. Oh you may mock.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Poor old lad!!

Out yesterday morning 6.30am with 2 clients, -3. plenty of deer about but no shot. However 2 Fallow on the floor the evening before with the same 2 clients and one guy got his first deer with me.

Last week I was in Bedfordshire, 6am it was minus 5 and thick fog, and they hadn't gritted the roads either!!

Hope you are keeping well Declan, and with all those clothes on and the hot water bottle, if you fall out of the seat you will bounce like a beach ball
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

My coldest experience was up in Scotland stalking wild boar with Colin solway.
    it was -9 sat in the high seat from 4pm too 23:30. With a south breezer constantly in my face. All,I had on was a thermal layer, pants, hooded top, a light fleece, coat and hat and fingerless mIts.

I was alright to I moved then the cold really got to me.

What temp is it there...

I would rather be cold than hot, stalked goats early last summer with Colin and the swet was dripping off me and the midges nah. Cold stalking any time.
    Last edited by weeman; 24-01-2015 at 08:45.

I wear a real tree mankini this time of year as it gets abit hot otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    My coldest experience was up in Scotland stalking wild boar with Colin solway.
    it was -9 sat in the high seat from 4pm too 23:30. With a south breezer constantly in my face. All,I had on was a thermal layer, pants, hooded top, a light fleece, coat and hat and fingerless mIts.

I was alright to I moved then the cold really got to me.

What temp is it there...

I would rather be cold than hot, stalked goats early last summer with Colin and the swet was dripping off me and the midges nah. Cold stalking any time.
    I was sat in Colins seat for boar and it was -16 .....to top it off I never realised I was sitting on a block of ice ...Colin pissed himself laughing. Don't know how I never caught hypo thermia....

Coldest I've ever known was xmas 2013 in Alberta Canada -55 xmas day now that was an experiance :/ !
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions