Thread: Anyone use a H-S Precision Rifles in .30cals?

Anyone use a H-S Precision Rifles in .30cals?

As in the title, I am looking to find out more about SD members experience of H-S Precision Rifles in the .30 calibres, as compared to other semi-custom or custom rifles they have used.

(Am aware of the bad press they had, but this was more about a deciosion they made rather than their rifles (so we can skip anecdotes on that, which I have found a lot of of on other forums esp. USA).

Also, if anyone has a contact email for H-S Precision that would be welcome, the 'Contact Us' link of their website is broken.

Many thanks in advance, and apologies if I do not reply straight away.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

I had a HSP HTR on demo for test and review several years ago - during the time that Target Sports was a hard copy magazine.

The rifle shot adequately well with factory and hand loads, though not spectacularly.

The bolt cycled well, though the three position safety snagged on clothing.

It was a fine stalking or tactical gun, but the price is right next to a full custom and I'm not sure that the rifle is as great a buy against commissioning a full custom.

Sure you;ll get other opinions.

e mail contact HSP - well a while ago I wanted some spare parts for a mag system that had broken - I rang and emailed on the numbers on the web, none were replied or answered, so I gave up.

I had a take-down version several years ago for a review. I was a very nice rifle and shot less than MOA groups with almost all ammunition. Depending on the price range of the "custom" I would say you get a lot for your money with the H-S.

SS

Thanks all - replies have been welcome.
    I have heard back from HS now also (I guessed the email) who have been helpful if not a little brief.
    Plenty food for thought. Any further insights welcome.

MARCBO/SS - Can you point me towards your review? Cheers
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

I used to own a Remington 700 action rifle accurized and built by HS Precision. This was before they made their own actions. The workmanship and quality of components was superb and accuracy was outstanding. They reworked my original Remington trigger and in my opinion it was the best trigger I ever used. I wish I had kept the trigger when I sold the rifle. I had no complaints with the rifle but I have not used their own actioned rifles. They were a good company to deal with too. This was some years ago though...

Quote Originally Posted by RickoShay View Post
    Thanks all - replies have been welcome.
    I have heard back from HS now also (I guessed the email) who have been helpful if not a little brief.
    Plenty food for thought. Any further insights welcome.

MARCBO/SS - Can you point me towards your review? Cheers
    I will have to dig out a copy of the magazine. It would have been in one of the issues of Tactical Shooter magazine from 1998-2000. I need to find it anyway so once I have it I can forward a scanned copy. Just shoot me a PM with your email address.

SS