BDS North West First Aid Course dates 2015

+1

really good course - thanks to Redmist for organising.

Anyone thinking of doing it - get it booked! Good value, good trainer and even if you don't need a formal qualification for your lease you never know when you might need to administer first aid and you might actually be able to make a real difference to someone's life.

Nice to put some names to faces too

I can only echo what finnbear and 75 said a very informative course and trainer for a good price.Even if your lease does'nt require first aid you never know when it might be needed in other aspects of life. Cheers for sorting it out Andy and the chilli was excellent.

Thank you for the excellent feedback from this weekends course :D

It really was a pleasure to meet new faces from the directory and I'm glad you found the venue, trainer and chilli to satisfaction.

Dawnrazor, your place is secured, I will mail you later.

There are a few places remaining for June, please book to avoid disappointment - its a fantastic price for the quality of instruction and you get fed.

VERY well priced course Andy , it cost me that amount just for the bolt on +f ,well done to you for securing it at such a low price !

I'll add my thanks to Redmist for organisation and feeding and to Andy the trainer for an excellent course.

For those that went, you will recall some discussion on removing ticks. The Health Protection Agency do indeed advise a straight pull when removing ticks - but this is when using tweezers (or Blasers). I can see the logic, as when the inexperienced person twists, they could squash the tick causing regurgitation. If using the O'Tom Hook, the recommendation is still to twist. I find the latter the easiest to use.

With regret, due to lack of confirmed bookings, the decision has been taken to cancel the June course.

A great pity that we have had to make this tough decision.

Those who have booked will be contacted by myself shortly.

Back