Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IR Illumination for NV

IR Illumination for NV

Is there some kind of IR illumination on 230V to put on a wall of a farm to "illuminate" a few acres of land for NV fox control? Similar to the traditional spotlights from 2000/3000 watt to work at night.

Not saying buy from here but at least you know what's about.

Bosch Aegis LED Infrared Illuminator

What about the infrared lamps paired up to CCTV cameras in city centres and the like ?

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Not saying buy from here but at least you know what's about.

Bosch Aegis LED Infrared Illuminator
    This is about what I had in mind. We have about 6 - 7 acres of flat, visible grasland behind the farm. A friend uses a night site with a T67 IR lamp and this works OK out to long range. A fixed lamp on the wall has the advantage that the weight is on the wall and never low batteries. I would like to see up to about 300m. This type of lamp with a Yukon Photon could be O.K.

The Bosch illuminators come in several different types, as listed on the bottom of that link, the 10 degree model will reach the furthest but you might struggle to get to 300 yards on a lot of nights, unfortunately these ones also have the tightest beam pattern so you would get the least spread of light, hence you would almost certainly need several to cover a large area and they aren't cheap either.

I used to use two of these on my truck mounted mounted spotter rig for foxing but have moved on now, they were excellent until I shot one of them by mistake....

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
    The Bosch illuminators come in several different types, as listed on the bottom of that link, the 10 degree model will reach the furthest but you might struggle to get to 300 yards on a lot of nights, unfortunately these ones also have the tightest beam pattern so you would get the least spread of light, hence you would almost certainly need several to cover a large area and they aren't cheap either.

I used to use two of these on my truck mounted mounted spotter rig for foxing but have moved on now, they were excellent until I shot one of them by mistake....
    I am currently in the process of doing something similar. Roof mounted on the truck via one of the remote control rotating units with a screen in the cab. Never built my own nv gear before so any advice welcomed. I am looking at one of these bosch ir's.

I have a similar set up on my quad bike, i have a cctv IR camera and a IR flood light linked to a 10 inch disply mounted on the front rack. It allows me to drive the quad in total darkness.

Take a look on Amazon. I have an extra IR floodlight for the CCTV system to light a spot at the bottom of the garden that the camera IR doesn't reach. It has a light sensor so it only operates at night. Works a treat.

The other advantage is that it moves the illumination off the camera axis so you don't get the back reflection you typically get from a scope mounted light or the standard home security CCTV cameras. I get no end of problem with spider webs in front of the cameras.

David.

Intresting.

SD Regular
    The fixed solution is outside my experience - but doesn't sound cheap if looking for distance and spread. On the mobile front - Surefire Hellfighter works very nicely indeed.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........