Boot Selection ??

grayedout

Hi All, I am looking for some good Stalking boots with great ankle support , I can't seem to find a shop which has a large selection any advice would be welcome.. I did hear about some Boots called Exmoor 2s I think but can't find them anywhere..

Cheers

Andy

Isle of Wight. but I am happy to buy online just looking for a good selection as these boots are so much money what to get the right pair..

cheers

I would never buy a pair of boots without trying them on. Best to wait until you travel somewhere with a good selection to try.
I like the Altberg boots and intend to buy a pair of Tethera's next but I tried them on first. Of course you could get lucky but buying boots online could just turn into an expensive process.

Hi,

It's always best to try a boot on before you buy but if you cant, try here: www.silvermans.co.uk. Phone them, they'll put you in the right boot.

A good quote would be "look after your feet and they'll last you for miles". Although good boots are expensive, quality costs. They'll not let you down and you'll get the benefit every step you take, it's an investment you should always get right.

Personally i have two pairs of boots, Altberg Sneeker - kneel to fire, lightweight and very flexible for the milder months and Meindl Dover Extreme for the colder months (with an extra sock). Both boots are well made but both have their places.

I've had my Altberg for 5 years and the Meindl for 3 years.

Hope it helps.

Fully agree, go to a shop to try them. I am in the market for new boots. Had to pairs by postorder and no good fit. I can return them, no problem. Will go to a shop in the coming days and compare what's available.
I was spoiled with an excellent pair of Chirucas. had them for years, waterproof and comfortable. Feel like a running shoe. Don't seem to be able to find similar replacement.

Found a shop this weekend that had both sizes In the meindi . They seem to fit well just wonder if they stretch much ? As the 7.5 fitted but maybe a little tight on the toe ..and the 8 had a lot of room I tryed them with an extra in sole which work ok

Have a good look at Altberg mine have been trough some s**t and never let me down great ankle support and so water proof i rarely wear my wellies any more

I have the Harkila Pro Hunter GTX 10 Armortex Kevlar | BushWear, I find them really comfortable, very good ankle support, tiresome to lace up all the way, even tough they have the quick loops, mainly because I am trying to do this in the dark, very early in the morning. Once on they are really comfortable, though I had to send my first pair back a the Gortex liner in one boot strarted leaking, they replaced them, as they had a 2 yr warranty, and I got in by 1 month! Where I hunt the cover is heavy and the Kevlar cover really seems to take it.

Found a shop this weekend that had both sizes In the meindi . They seem to fit well just wonder if they stretch much ? As the 7.5 fitted but maybe a little tight on the toe ..and the 8 had a lot of room I tryed them with an extra in sole which work ok
I haven't noticed that they stretch but they do make them in narrow, standard and wide. You may have tried on a standard pair. As far as i know you are meant to try boots on in the evening time as your foot is at its widest after walking all day. Could be an old wives tale but kinda makes sense

Back