Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yuokn photon zeroing options ?

yuokn photon zeroing options ?

I will be looking into picking up a yukon at kelso for rimfire work,,,,only problem i have with them is that the cross hair is not central to the image ? am i correct in thinking this,,, has anyone used the adjustable mounts to zero them, i dont like the idea of off centred reticules.

Any help mostly appreciated cheers
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Hi ,

I have been using the photon xt on my ruger or a few weeks , I sighted mine in at the indoor range it was a little strange as you move the reticule to match the impact point , when you turn the unit back on the cross hairs are still centre but with the impact point moved , hope it makes sense :-)

regards

ray

How do you rate the photon xt? Im told they are lots better than the first model.

I never had anything to do with the first model so can't compare the two , I find it good for rabbits out to about 50 /60 , one of the guys at the gun club has the doubler on his and it makes it 100% better not just for the magnification but for the clarity , I use mine on a set of QD mounts and switch between it and a normal scope depending on what I am doing , all in all I would say for the price it's a good buy

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Raygreen View Post
    Hi ,

I have been using the photon xt on my ruger or a few weeks , I sighted mine in at the indoor range it was a little strange as you move the reticule to match the impact point , when you turn the unit back on the cross hairs are still centre but with the impact point moved , hope it makes sense :-)

regards

ray
    Hi, so if i understand you correct,,when the unit is turned back on the reticule re centre, and you still have a full sight picture ?? no need for adjustable mounts then ? i was also going to fit it to qd mounts,,cheers m8
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Hi Ray,
    What qd mounts do you use on what rifle please?.
    I am looking to do the same re a tikka t3.
    QD mounts can be expensive though and after buying the scope and may the doubler...
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Yes , it's exactly the same as a normal tele sight with the exception that sighting in method is different , I had the pach the rear of my mount a little as the movement is limited , however it is in the centre , I'm just outside Morpeth if you wanted to have a look etc

ray

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    This is nice to hear, I'm also thinking of dropping one,of these with a doubler on a new to me small cf rifle and leaving it as my nv rig,

I must admit I have been a bit sceptical about this wee scope but I think it's the way to go without breaking into the wife's hand bag,

Bob
    Last edited by bobjs; 25-01-2015 at 20:10.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I'm just using a cheap set that I bought off eBay ( don't have a make on ) and the apear to work fine , I fitted a pic rail / weaver rail from tac Fire to my 1022 , the only mod being I milled a couple of new referance slots as I could not get the correct eye relief , I have swaped between the nv and the scope a number of times and the zero is constant , but I have heard of other people that have not had much success with the cheap mounts !

Ray

OK thanks.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"