.22 Short ammunition

Northwest

Does anyone here know who has some .22 rimfire Shorts in stock?
I have tried all my local lot and no-one has any. I was told the other day that the shortage is down to the fact the manufacturers are too busy making regular Long Rifle but I don't know how much truth there is in that.
Thanks.

Buy all you can find .22 shorts are no longer used in rapid fire pistol matches so manufactures will not be running batches very often
there is little call for them for any other shooting, Robert.

Ladds guns crediton have some as I saw boxes on friday when I was in there ammo store, they should send some to you local RFD. Also the gun ans sorts shop in Exeter stock them too. They should also RFD to you too.

James

No, McAvoys were my first call because I think Tim is one of the really good guys. However neither he nor Krank's had any. I am going to give the chap at Rugby a call as I will be near there soon.
The only snag with sending ammunition in the post is the cost, makes a couple hundred rounds of rimfire quite expensive.

Buy all you can find .22 shorts are no longer used in rapid fire pistol matches so manufactures will not be running batches very often
there is little call for them for any other shooting, Robert.

CCI makes (well, supposedly makes) several different kinds of Shorts. Winchester still makes them, I believe. I like Shorts. I have two bricks of Aguila Match 22 Short that shoot pretty well. I used to have a Model 77/22 Ruger converted to 22 Short but I gave it to MarinePMI. My favorite short tosser is th eMarlin Model 39A. Mine holds 28 rounds of 22 Short shich makes the pigeons very nervous.~Muir

Back