Thread: Hi

Hi

I'm looking to start loading the 6.5x55 for mainly roe any proof of the pudding recommendations rgds dave.

You will get loads of answers. If you search this site there are loads of proven loads for you. The 6.5 is an inherently accurate load which shoots 120-140gr bullets well. At the lighter end it can at times be too slow and not be deer legal it is worth running any loads over a chrono. Mine will shoot 120&123gr well with imr4350 but this is running out so have tried N150 with success. N150 and the 129gr SST also work well. N160 is often quoted but most data is for longer barrels (24-26") and if your rifle is shorter (mine is a 20" tikka) then you may not get the velocity and therefore energy with the lighter bullets.
    the 6.5 is a great round and you will enjoy I'm sure shooting it and experimenting finding your best combination.

BE

Hi big ears I shoot privvi 139 at the moment and it shoots well but get a lot of runners even perfect heart shot placement.so I'm going back to reloading just after a bullet that stops them.

I do not shoot a Sweed now but when I did 120 Sierra Gamekings infront of Ramshot Magnum did the trick.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I have loaded just about every bullet available for the 6.5x55 from Nosler partitions to Hornady SST's but i settled eventually 120gn Barnes TTSX over N160 or for a tad more ompf N560.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

What rifle is yours?
    The loads for the original Swedish army rifles are a bit tame, in deference to their age I suppose. A new or strong action should withstand higher loads.
    American reloading books have the lowest loads around due to SAAMI declaring the Swedish actions weak. We measured the locking area on a Swedish M96 once and found it to be greater than the Mauser G98. Also the Swedish steel used to make them is of the highest quality.

Quote Originally Posted by remmy View Post
    Hi big ears I shoot privvi 139 at the moment and it shoots well but get a lot of runners even perfect heart shot placement.so I'm going back to reloading just after a bullet that stops them.
    If you don't mind a bit of meat damage then try nosler 120gr BT. Work well over IMR4350 or N150

Hi dave
    Try shooting them through the shoulders pal they don't seem to run then.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!