Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunshop Experts

Gunshop Experts

How and why do Gunshops tolerate the Gunshop Experts who seem to spend their life in there. You know the ones - always dressed in camo, far too overweight to even to get from their very large camo clad 4x4 into their reinforced highseat, so instead inhabit gunshops and are just rude to all the customers giving them grief over their choice of ammo, gun etc. etc. There is now more than one emporium that I won't frequent just because they are frequented by this species.

I supposewith smart phones, they can inhabit both gunshops and SD at the same time

It's probably a bit like training a puppy. They've let them sit in the house, on the sofa now for so long that removing them would require far more drastic action than the inconvenience warrants.

Ask them to show you their Black Dot of Doom card............that gets rid of a lot of wannabees, I've noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Ask them to show you their Black Dot of Doom card............that gets rid of a lot of wannabees, I've noticed
    The trouble is they would ask for mine in return. I am OK as long as its clay pigeon sized dot - 6x42 scope on a combination gun off wobly sticks.

They probably do all right because they have a heavy custom built heavy barreled bench rest rifle mounted in a benchrest cradle with a mahoosive 72mm objective lense and 60x power scope (cheek weld no problem - they have the physiology to match).

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    They probably do all right because they have a heavy custom built heavy barreled bench rest rifle mounted in a benchrest cradle

Getting a group after clamping a rifle tight enough to crack the stock & then boasting about how good a shot you are is akin to tying your willy to a door handle & then slamming it before boasting about how long it is..........

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post

Getting a group after clamping a rifle tight enough to crack the stock & then boasting about how good a shot you are is akin to tying your willy to a door handle & then slamming it before boasting about how long it is..........
    Damn it ........ rumbled

I feel I exercised exemplary (and quite uncharacteristic) restraint yesterday when confronted by a particularly obnoxious pair.

Fat cucking funts, the lot of them. When I ask for 150gr ballisitc tips in .308, it is NOT as a result of some fickle, internet based fancy or hours spent in fevered onanism over ammunition manufacturers PR material. It is because that is the bloody bullet that works best for me and I'm not about to change just because some pompous self-appointed Gun Shop Guru has decided to favour me with his condescending wisdom.

As Heym says - one more shop I'm not going back to. Owner more keen to compare willy sizes with a pair of odious man-toads than bother to talk to a potentially paying customer.
    Last edited by Mungo; 26-01-2015 at 17:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    It's probably a bit like training a puppy. They've let them sit in the house, on the sofa now for so long that removing them would require far more drastic action than the inconvenience warrants.
    That is an extraordinarily good analogy. I may steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    When I ask for 150gr ballisitc tips in .308...
    Just out of interest, what was their reason for disapproving of this fairly conventional cartridge and bullet, and what in thier opinion would have been an acceptable choice?

You must let me know which one to avoid (by pm)! I was in Game & Country in Selkirk today & had the usual delightful service & he sought advice from me on ammunition, not that I was much use on this occasion.