Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 month part trained GWP/Drahthaar dog pup.

16 month part trained GWP/Drahthaar dog pup.

16 month old dog pup.

I will add some pictures later today.

Part trained (UK), ready for finishing to your specifications, in all honesty he only needs sharpening up here and there to be a good working dog. He is still a big pup and slowly maturing.

He has a lovely nature and is a kind dog, he is good with most other dogs, good in the car, kennel and with children. He is kenneled out and is quite clean, he has never been in the house for long periods and thus I would not like to comment on his house training.

This dog is big and when finally filled out will be quite impressive.

He has;

• Sit
    • Stay
    • Down
    • Stop whistle(good)
    • Heel
    • left, right and back. All there but need sharpening up.

He will;

• Retrieve, he has done a couple of small day picking up this year and performed well.
    • Jump, within reason anything you tell him to.
    • Trash without question.

This dog has had no formal deer training as yet, however he has been exposed to a lot of deer throughout his life and shows a keen interest.

The sire was Champ vom Hirschfeld (Deu imp) - this dog has recently been killed in a road accident but was a stud at Wiggmansberg. This dog was a performance tested german trained dog, with good natural ability.

The Dam is Evanoak Blue Belle, this bitch is a deer and rough shooting bitch sired by Wiggmansberg Geraint vom Mustwork ( Dee imp).

This dog is a good honest dog and in time will be a very useful tool.

I am asking 1100 ono

Please feel free to give me a call on 07779906039

Sounds like a cracking dog for still being quite young. Is there a reason for the sale?

Thanks,

Would be great to see some photos of him

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6021.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	365.2 KB 
ID:	52229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6027.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	567.5 KB 
ID:	52230 He is a becoming a good dog however needs to mature a bit and steady up, as for why he has to go, well you can't keep them all and I often keep an extra pup back from litter to bring on as I enjoy training but I feel it is best to sell them ready for finishing to someone elses style rather than setting them to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sam evans View Post
    16 month old dog pup.

I will add some pictures later today.

Part trained (UK), ready for finishing to your specifications, in all honesty he only needs sharpening up here and there to be a good working dog. He is still a big pup and slowly maturing.

He has a lovely nature and is a kind dog, he is good with most other dogs, good in the car, kennel and with children. He is kenneled out and is quite clean, he has never been in the house for long periods and thus I would not like to comment on his house training.

This dog is big and when finally filled out will be quite impressive.

He has;

• Sit
    • Stay
    • Down
    • Stop whistle(good)
    • Heel
    • left, right and back. All there but need sharpening up.

He will;

• Retrieve, he has done a couple of small day picking up this year and performed well.
    • Jump, within reason anything you tell him to.
    • Trash without question.

This dog has had no formal deer training as yet, however he has been exposed to a lot of deer throughout his life and shows a keen interest.

The sire was Champ vom Hirschfeld (Deu imp) - this dog has recently been killed in a road accident but was a stud at Wiggmansberg. This dog was a performance tested german trained dog, with good natural ability.

The Dam is Evanoak Blue Belle, this bitch is a deer and rough shooting bitch sired by Wiggmansberg Geraint vom Mustwork ( Dee imp).

This dog is a good honest dog and in time will be a very useful tool.

I am asking 1100 ono

Please feel free to give me a call on 07779906039
    Does he point??? fine looking dog....

Big solid beast, nicely marked dog.

Nice looking dog have you any bitches for sale please.????

Nice looking dog,,how steady is he on point

This dog has been out with me two days running now on beaters days and his point is coming on well and steady, however if you expect him to be 100% as part trained at 16 months, you may have never had anything from these lines as it can take a season or two to get the point 100% and for them to slow down.

To be honest pointing is my last concern regarding training as I breed selectively for health and natural working ability(including pointing), my main training concern is 100% control.

These dogs from are slow maturing but when they get there you get something special. I will happily show any one interested what this dog does and I can show you what he will become on a fully trained dog however if you want one of them, brace yourself!

looks like he's going to be a strong dog in the right hands