Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: .22 & .22wmr

  1. #1

    .22 & .22wmr

    I have a slot on my FAC for a .22WMR, however I have seen a .22lr that interests me.. would the permission for the wmr cover the LR?
    Thanks for any info Guys
    Regards
    Tony

  2. #2
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS View Post
    I have a slot on my FAC for a .22WMR, however I have seen a .22lr that interests me.. would the permission for the wmr cover the LR?
    Thanks for any info Guys
    Regards
    Tony
    When you fill out your form you should always put 22 rf and 17 rf as that covers you for all rf rounds.
    I believe your slot is only for 22 wmr

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS View Post
    I have a slot on my FAC for a .22WMR, however I have seen a .22lr that interests me.. would the permission for the wmr cover the LR?
    Thanks for any info Guys
    Regards
    Tony

    answered your own question there I suspect
    only your FEO will be able to answer that and fend of any RFD questions

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    When you fill out your form you should always put 22 rf and 17 rf as that covers you for all rf rounds.
    I believe your slot is only for 22 wmr
    When I ask for 22RF I got a call from my FEO asking which 22RF do you want ! My ticket came back with both 22LR & 22WRM Also my local dealer want sell you 22 WMR ammo unless WMR is on your ticket
    i would give your FEO a call ..

  5. #5
    Regular Poster Neumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Surrey/West Sussex borders
    Posts
    340
    Are we allowed 22 WR in a semi if I just have 22 Rimfire on my FAC?

    I have Winchester under lever in 22 LR that I will be selling soon and want to replace it with a semi. Have always liked the idea of a bigger 22 Rim fire but need to look into it some more.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumo View Post
    Are we allowed 22 WR in a semi if I just have 22 Rimfire on my FAC?

    I have Winchester under lever in 22 LR that I will be selling soon and want to replace it with a semi. Have always liked the idea of a bigger 22 Rim fire but need to look into it some more.

    suspect if you one for one you will need to clear it with FEO as above

    if I was an RFD I would want belt and braces clarity from the FLO before a ".22rimfire" allowance was honoured with a semi auto WMR!

    but yet they come in semis

  7. #7
    You should be covered as not asking for additional rifle,a variation required if you buy another rifle

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumo View Post
    Are we allowed 22 WR in a semi if I just have 22 Rimfire on my FAC?

    I have Winchester under lever in 22 LR that I will be selling soon and want to replace it with a semi. Have always liked the idea of a bigger 22 Rim fire but need to look into it some more.

    yes all 22 rimfire is legal in semi auto

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Performance Centre Kit
    By camo304 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 15:53
  2. *SOLD* Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Performance Centre Kit
    By hutt in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 17:12
  3. Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    By Clive1967 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-12-2013, 18:31
  4. Are CZ452 .22wmr & .22lr stocks the same fitting?
    By stratts in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-04-2013, 13:21
  5. For Sale Lee Precision Reloading Dies 22-250 & 303 British & Sizer
    By Yorric in forum Reloading
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2013, 10:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •