Available: 2016 Stalking - Borders

User00026

I am now taking bookings for stalking days starting 1st April 2016. I realise this is a year in advance, however, I have in the last two years been filling the calendar quickly with visitors from Scandinavia and are already booking slots for May and June '16 for 'slot days'.

I am offering:

Roe Bucks: morning and evening stalk, 2 bucks included in price (if shots present themselves of course), no shot fee, no trophy fee (including Medals), keep one deer if desired. Further deer can be purchased on the day at an additional £50 shot fee (carcass included)

Cost is £125 for the day (morning and evening - per person), with an advance £35 booking fee per person (refundable if cancellations are more than 1 month from booked date).
For half days the price is £75 with one buck included, same T&C's as above.

Roe Does: 3hrs stalk (time of day to be agreed nearer the day depending on weather forecast, time of year, etc.). 2 deer included, additional at £25, one carcass can be kept + any 'additional' deer purchased can also be kept. £65 for the day, £25 deposit on booking.

More than one consecutive day can be purchased, up to 3.

If two stalkers would like to book; on the day, one stalker needs to be able to document good proficiency and knowledge, if to stalk unaccompanied.
I can organise trophy cleaning or taxidermy as required, as well as venison butchering.

I have previously taken complete beginners out from the SD, and taught them the skill sets surrounding deer stalking, which was a thorough joy and pleasure. So if you are a complete beginner, please still do enquire.

This is for accompanied/guided stalking, but repeat customers may be allowed to stalk alone in the future. There is a mix between stalking and highseats available to choose from.

The ground lies in the Scottish Borders, within 30 minutes drive from Kelso. Covers approx. 2,500 acres and has in the past offered up to 6 medal bucks per season due to quality of nutrient crops and browsing available. It is a mixture of forest edges, hedgerows, some mature woodland and agricultural fields. I have access to other areas too that we can utilise if I believe opportunities to be better there.

At an additional surcharge, nearer the time, it may be possible for a chance of Sika and Roe on a different ground; however, this can be organised nearer the time and would involve significant additional travel time.

Please PM with any enquiries, dates desired, and provide a bried description of your stalking experiences to date.

Last edited:
Bookings starting to fill up for May.

Looking for a couple more days mid April and some in June and July.

I will offer 2 days calling Bucks in the rut only as I like to keep a few for myself, those days will be last few days in July/first week August (usually!)

Also between 10th and 17th September there's 2 days available.

Back