Binoculars with Range Finder

Finnish

What would you say in your experience are the best Binos with built in range finders. I have some swarovski 10x42 at the moment but thinking of trading in...

I had Zeiss Victory 8x40 (twice). The first pair were stolen. I had to replace the eye cups twice as they didn't take any abuse and broke twice. Now have Swarovski EL 8.5 x 42, should have got these years ago. Excellent binocs. The 7x, 8x & 8.5x seem to be good levels of magnification to use.

Any good suppliers of shooter's needs will furnish you with stuff like swaro's, zeiss, leica , etc, I found mine at Continental shooting supplies in Dalry.

But how long before Swarovski bring out a range of rangefinding binos?

I'm looking to replace my Swaro SL 8x56 binos sometime this year but will deffo hold on to see if something comes out of Austria.

Sam, I will use a rangefinder bino, as I am still after 40+ years, capable of making a mistake when guesstimating range, uphill / downhill / night-time (lamping) /fading light, any bit of tackle like ranging optics reduces the chances of a cocked shot, just like when maybe not every stalker owned or had accsess to a telescope, things move on.

I spoke to the swarvoski rep yesterday they will be bringing a rangefinder bino out the first quater of next year.At the moment i use 8x42 geovids but will swap them for swaros when they come out swarvoski has the best back up of any optics manufacture.In my expierence leicas back up service has been pants it's worth noting that leica do not apply there 30 year warranty to geovids:(
ATB SEAN

I have the Zeiss, they are as far as I am aware the only ones which tells you how much to hold over. I like them and they were cheapest from Uttings.

I have the Zeiss 10x and are excellent, maybe slightly more bulky than the geovids,probably would have went for Swaros had they been available at the time i purchased the Ziess, which i see have gone up in price around £400 since i bought mine

Nell

Last edited:
I spoke to the swarvoski rep yesterday they will be bringing a rangefinder bino out the first quater of next year.At the moment i use 8x42 geovids but will swap them for swaros when they come out swarvoski has the best back up of any optics manufacture.In my expierence leicas back up service has been pants it's worth noting that leica do not apply there 30 year warranty to geovids:(
ATB SEAN

Thanks for that info. I'll wait until they appear on the market.

Thank you all for replies. If Swarvoski are bringing out a pair with range I think I will wait...

Did I read that on Zeiss rangefinders the guarrantee is only 5 years on the rangefinder.

regards
griff

Swillingtons Shooting Supplies I found where more competitive on optics than anyone else especially on Swarovski...

Chris Chapman is the man to speak to he is also likely to offer you a better price under the good prices they state on the website...

Alex

swillingtonshootingsupplies.co.uk/

Finnish.

I had a pair of both the Leicas 10x42's and the Zeiss 10x45's on loan for a week last September but ended buying the Geovids as they are more ergonomic and a bit lighter.

Leicas have 1 year warranty (on laser) and Zeiss is 5yrs.

I have all the tech info on both and pics, as I was intending to do a comprehensive review article. Please feel free to PM me with your contact tel no and I will attempt to answer any questions.

I am intrested to hear the news about the Swars, if they do bring out a laser version it will be v expensive, I expect close to £2.25k!!!

I paid £1.5k for my HD's from the Sportsman who will price match.

I think they are an excellent piece of kit, and indispensable for shooting at low light/night you would be amased on how far you can be out in range estimation in such conditions.

Suggest you get hold of the pairs you are intrested in and try them before purchasing them

D

Back