Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More s***e in the media

More s***e in the media

RSPCA appeal after 50 dead moles are hung on fence - Daily Post

What a load of !!!!!!!!

Who actually edits this rubbish, just illustraits the lack of understanding about the rural way of life

One of the finest lines in poetry was inspired by such a scene.
    Sorry, mentioned John Clare before.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

What a waste. . . I could have had a braw pair of breeks made out of those little velvet gems

lol what a bunch of idiots!!! oldest trick in the book, proof to the farmer your not recycling your catches from the last farm!

Looks very decorative to me
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Looks like someone knows how to do their job properly!
    Surely all keepers and mole catchers in years gone by used to do this on (As I recall) what was known as a "Gibbet" to show the land/estate owner that they were doing their job!

Out of interest, does anyony know if "Gibbets"(sp) are still legal? (I haven't heard anything to the contrary)?

Yep, I do the very same. In fact I used, years back I used to hang crows & rooks on the fences to deter others. Seemed to work

only if your in the R.S.P.C.A and looking to drum up some funding from jo public would this be made an issue.once again the naughty countryman is protecting land and his livestock from vermin.they know "knowledgable"city dwellers will be outraged by such ""wanton cruelty "<killing them cleanly in a mole trap>then they can reel em in and get a few quid a month from outraged of notting hill .its a country tradition but in these instant publicity days not such a wise move.the anti,s love a bit of free propaganda to help them carp on an ancient way of life

She better not come for a drive round here, there are little trophies hanging all over the place.

M

One mans daisy chain of mole death is another's all you can eat buzzard buffet.

Just a matter of spin.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.