Thread: .308 sig/sauer shr970

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

.308 sig/sauer shr970

Decided to sell my SHR970.
    Had it serviced and bore scoped by Border Barrels just before they closed down. They said that there was a little throat erosion but nothing to worry about, it had a long way to go yet.
    It is a working rifle so the stock bears the usual scars but once again nothing serious and nothing that couldn't be sorted by Jaeger SA and a coat of Ceracote.
    Jaeger SA chopped the original integral muzzle brake off and crowned it (photos 1 & 3 ) and Neil McKillop then threaded it for me.
    The rifle is fluted and threaded to take a 5/8 threaded moderator. I have a Jet-Z which is available by separate negotiation.
    The barrel is Iaflon coated and therefore extremely weather restistant. Once again it has a couple of small chips in the coating but nothing serious.
    It has 2x magazines. I also have a spare original trigger as it has a set trigger installed at the moment. You can have whichever trigger you want and the other is up again for negotiation.
    Bases are Burris and I have various mounts available.

I'll be sad to see it go but I'm going over to a smaller calibre.

£500

Attachment 52225Attachment 52226Attachment 52227
    Last edited by teyhan1; 28-01-2015 at 18:36.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Anybody?
    Am I asking too much?
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Sorry but the answer to your question is yes. These are excellent rifles - very accurate as you know. I have one in 25 06. Because they are not made or supported by Sig anymore you cannot buy spares or magazines for them in the UK. I paid £400 for mine in good condition with set trigger, 30mm rings and a Evo 8 sound moderator. It had been on Gunstar for 6 months with no takers. Excellent kit/ quality Swiss Engineering - but very under rated. Good luck.

The .308 is very hard to find in the USA, as few were imported, and almost none sold on the second-hand market.

If someone decides to buy it and wants more magazines, those are still available, and very reasonably priced.

I know someone who might be interested. Will bring it to their attention....

hi, PM'd you for more details

Thanks

Nick