Europeans Immigrants

Gazza

There are many negative stories regarding immigrants from Europe but not far from me a couple of young Polish guys have started two businesses. One guy runs an excellent burger van until 2.00pm and thereafter joins his mechanic friend and they both repair vehicles. If you book in for a repair you are given a proper time (not just leave it in the morning) and when the vehicle is ready for collection you are phoned. Their premises are well equipped, they present a professional manner and going by the time it takes them to carry out repairs they don't mess about. A good example to any young lads.

I don't think many folk object to any working immigrants individually, it's just that we have more than our countries infrastructure can cope with !!

I've had nothing but good experiences too and all the ones I have dealt with have been far more motivated to make something of themselves than most of the natives.

I have a Polish hairdresser and it's the best £6 i ever spend.
She has bumped Rachel Riley off the top of my list!!

We had 2 poles at work. They got named north and south. Both were lazy. They went but we now have another who is a great guy. If they work and pay their way i dont mind them.

I have a Pole in my team at work. I wish some of the others had his work ethic and morald, Ive also just had my chimney swept by a Polish lad, again great work ethic and morals.

Nutty

From many years work experiences they are timeous and don't mind staying overtime but i have yet to meet a single one that'll break a harness!

I have a Pole in my team at work. I wish some of the others had his work ethic and morald, Ive also just had my chimney swept by a Polish lad, again great work ethic and morals.

Nutty

This polish chimney sweep.... Was he about 6 years old with extremely dirty clothing?

You could just drop a live chicken with a house brick attached to its feet down the chimney, the resultant frenzied flapping also does an admiral job! :D

Last edited:
We had a gang on a nearby roundabout doing car washing and valetting, man those guys could work, and fast, and well, road works have meant they have moved a bit further away, but for the prices they charged, they were awesome, you'd never get home grown workers doing such a good job for the same money.

I also know some that run a business as a front for illegal activity. A lot of the sites that run the car wash are also used to clean illegally earned money

They also did a good job when they were flying Spitfires and Hurricanes during the Battle of Britain. Nobody was complaining about them then...

Yeh the polish joiners work well cheaply as well, given that they live 20 to room and pay no tax.,, putting my son out of work.

Too many over here and they need to be stopped from overloading our infrastructure.

They may work well, but they can still be sending child benefits back to poland for children that have never even been here.

Sorry, but I don`t see them as a huge benefit to our country.

Yeh the polish joiners work well cheaply as well, given that they live 20 to room and pay no tax.,, putting my son out of work.

Too many over here and they need to be stopped from overloading our infrastructure.

They may work well, but they can still be sending child benefits back to poland for children that have never even been here.

Sorry, but I don`t see them as a huge benefit to our country.

Must admit I do tend to agree with this.

Not getting into this one !!!! BUT WE ALL HAVE A VOTE SOON :!: i am voting for the party that wishes to shut the door and the get out if you don't like it party :british:

Sadly the fact is that much of the infrastructure that this country is built on was built my immigrants.
The Irish, Caribbeans, Indians. They have been road builders, brickys, carpenters, WW2 pilots, the list goes on.
We live in a world which is increasingly smaller and whilst I think that multi-culturalism can never work, I recognise the important role that economic migrants play in all of our welfare.
Everybody hates the free-loaders, I do too but good, honest, hard working, tax paying, migrants help this country maintain its place in the world.
It is the rules and rule makers that need a kick up the backside. The people that come and do the work, get paid and pay their taxes should not. If the shoe were on the other foot would you go and work in their country, use their rules and make the most of their system, if you had nothing or wanted to improve your life. I bet you would.
You need to change the rules and the rule makers and whilst we are in Europe we can't.

Close this thread someone, before the it's never my fault it's the foreigners fault, brigade start, let's face facts the Brits never went to other country's taking the better jobs sending the money home, avoiding tax, personally I believe it's a world wide conspiracy by the Jews , hang on another idiot had that idea.
as to not being a great benefit to this country, neither is the single parent family's who live with there boyfriends, or the people who have children more often than some cows have calves.

Worked with Polish personnel, In body shops and coach builders. Their workmanship was second to none. They must be elsewhere now because the vehicle crash repair business are crying out for them. Thin on the ground now must be better money to be had on other shores.

Watch channel 5 now and you will see the problem with this country
Yup, got plenty of British nationals milking the system to get upset about before worrying about Eastern Europeans who actually work for a living.

Back