Thread: Last nights flight/bit of flushing in the snow this morning...

Last nights flight/bit of flushing in the snow this morning...

Only two mallard for me out of last nights flight, however my young spaniel did swim out in the moon light and retrieve them, he also found one more drake and three teal including one runner out in the field over 150 yards from the lake....

His first real look at snow today! He flushed four birds with two flying the right way so they paid the price....

Tim.243

Congratulations and well done Tim. A great bag and you're clearly making great progress with the young-un. Are you training him yourself?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    Congratulations and well done Tim. A great bag and you're clearly making great progress with the young-un. Are you training him yourself?
    Thank you, I think he had it in him, but I have done my best....sometimes it is not enough lol

At times it is hard to get a good balance with the varied work he does, but as time goes on it is a fantastic journey with him.

Tim.243

Does he think the snow is a blanket to burrow under? I remember my cocker did when he first saw snow.

Cockers are great dogs. Mine will do anything i ask of it. Today i asked too much. Keep it close and know your limmit.