Thread: Swap a stalk with Lee stroud and Gadget

Swap a stalk with Lee stroud and Gadget

After contacting Lee and Trevor on here myself and John Robbo headed south for the weekend, and what a weekend it turned out to be for us. I had never shot Munties before and so this was what we set out to do and we were not disappointed, not in the slightest.

Things went very well on the shooting front, this was my first little muntie of the trip

my last

Here was another.

Things are much smaller with muntjac, here is a grallach.

I didn't shoot Sunday PM but John did, altogether we ended up with 11 Munties and 1 Roe. I am sure that John will add more to this little write up but a huge thank you must go to Lee and Trevor, thanks again guys, we are looking forward to you both coming up here.

Well Andy those lads crtinally looked after us.
    Well do our best to return the favour but they will have to do with yorkshire roe, very elusive they are too, think we might struggle to return the deer numbers...
    Thanks again you boys I was overwhelmed with the weekend which is saying alot as i'm out every day..
    Some of the bag,

I must add I turned down at least 6 more does as it was getting embarrasing as a guest and I want to be asked back.

I shot all mine with my 6.5x55 finnlight with 156gr R.N s.p's they killed every one stone dead bareley flicking. The exits were the size of a 20p coin and no meat damage. I only missed 1 with 2 shots both were deflected. the big slow r.n's tracking through bracken and rubbish to find their mark. Ranges were 20-120m's all stood of sticks.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 21-03-2010 at 23:20.

just really glad you both enjoyed your self and thank you both for being great guests
    lee

Hi lads it was great to meet up with you both glad you enjoyed yourselfs you will have to come back and see if we can catch up with one of them nice bucks later in the year, still need to cull some more muntys as i was back in the wood and within 100yds i counted 9 muntjac you would not think it had been shot at all, can't wait to get back out with you both.

gadget.

Great results lads well done.
    I havent shot a munty yet i need to get somthing organizedsounds like you had a great time.

I saw the collection in the chiller, carry on at this rate Trevor and your going to need a double decker and an extension to the roof as well as out to the side.

John

hi john hoping to fill it again this weekend

gadget

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    hi john hoping to fill it again this weekend

gadget
    Its a good job they breed fast or they could be heading for the red list.

John.

looks like you was kept busy well done must have been great time, one for the scrap book