Thread: Tikka actions.

Question Tikka actions.

Hi there,can anyone help me out with the difference between the Tikka-M55,M558,M590 and M595 actions.The same goes for M65,658,690 and 695,Regards..C.

The first models in each section you list - M55 (short) and M65 (long) were radically different from the three that followed .........

Tikka old models | Tikka
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Hi,Sinistral,what do you think of the quality of the the later `5 or 6 series tikkas..C

The M55/65 are brilliant actions and should be a superb base for a custom rifle.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CRIMSONBULLSEYE View Post
    Hi,Sinistral,what do you think of the quality of the the later `5 or 6 series tikkas..C
    Solid, well engineered, smoother cycling and a better stock design than the successor T3. The side action rail is higher and thicker than the earlier series M55/M65 ..... with a deeper receiver ring too, so it is a heavier rifle.

I bought a few (all new) with the first 15 years ago, and traded in three Heym SR20 LH's. They're slicker, and have been fault free so I'm well pleased with them.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.