Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Blaser Firing Pin

  1. #1

    Blaser Firing Pin

    I know I shouldn't post this, ammo for the haters, I'm going to regret this.

    Ok, I was out this morning, took the Blaser with the 222 barrel. Put the rifle up to fire and got the dreaded mythical "Blaser click". Only happened a couple of times when the rifle was brand new, haven't had it in years. Cycled the bolt, happened again and again.

    Took the rifle home, stripped the bolt. Firing pin is broken were it tapers from thick to thin.

    Someone please tell me this is an easy fix with a readily available replacement part.
    Brian.

    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

  2. #2
    Scrap it. Best thing to do with a [censored]. See, even my phone won't say it. 😄
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

    Home | Varminting UK

  3. #3
    You could try Artur on here he can source most blaser / mauser spares

  4. #4
    It's a relatively easy fix, take it into a gun shop and trade it for a sauer...that'll be it fixed...

  5. #5
    This decoy pattern doesn't seem right to me - I'm going to feed elsewhere!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    This decoy pattern doesn't seem right to me - I'm going to feed elsewhere!

  7. #7
    Bloody thing has to go back to Germany for repairs. Thanks to all who offered help, the rest of you can bugger off.

    The upside to the Blaser design is that my dealer will lend me a spare bolt that he has for the duration of repairs, so I won't be unduly inconvenienced.

    Cheers all.
    Brian.

    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    I know I shouldn't post this, ammo for the haters, I'm going to regret this.

    Ok, I was out this morning, took the Blaser with the 222 barrel. Put the rifle up to fire and got the dreaded mythical "Blaser click". Only happened a couple of times when the rifle was brand new, haven't had it in years. Cycled the bolt, happened again and again.

    Took the rifle home, stripped the bolt. Firing pin is broken were it tapers from thick to thin.

    Someone please tell me this is an easy fix with a readily available replacement part.
    how can it be mythical when by your own admission it's happened before ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Bloody thing has to go back to Germany for repairs. Thanks to all who offered help, the rest of you can bugger off.

    The upside to the Blaser design is that my dealer will lend me a spare bolt that he has for the duration of repairs, so I won't be unduly inconvenienced.

    Cheers all.

    i think it was only me that offered constructive sensible help

    i was also going to suggest maybe seeing if someone had a S/H bolt for sale just to help you out

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    how can it be mythical when by your own admission it's happened before ?
    Tackb, I was trying to keep the whole thing on the humorous side. A bit tongue in cheek.

    Could happen to any rifle.
    Brian.

    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Similar Threads

  1. Firing pin spring
    By bulwinkle in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-04-2014, 06:49
  2. *SOLD* firing pin
    By chrisc in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-01-2013, 21:52
  3. remington firing pin
    By rem284 in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 12:33
  4. Firing pin protrusion
    By bewsher500 in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 16:43
  5. firing pin
    By Stacey in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-06-2011, 17:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •