Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 22 wmr

22 wmr

Any thoughts on this calibre, accuracy at 100yds, not sure why but I quite fancy one , i like rimfires, what can i say

Love mine.
    zero at 100yds

hole on hole if I do my bit
    was my urban fox round of choice for the best part of two years

See the info at dauntseyguns about the .22wmr he is quite a fan and has a nice info sheet under winchester_magnum_rimfire. plenty of reviews online and on you tube also. I think in general opinions basically amount to that is is a good alternative for the .17 HMR as it has the same nice flat trajectory. but allegedly less chance on bouncing of bone with the wmr.

The energy figures don't do it justice
    Hits much harder on larger game than the faster lighter bullets of the hm2 and hmr

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Love mine.
    zero at 100yds

hole on hole if I do my bit
    was my urban fox round of choice for the best part of two years
    +1 - love mine too - 100yds zero bang on with 30g Hornady vmax's with 1" groups or better if I do my bit - will always have one in the cabinet

It starts where the .22 LR leaves off. There are no bad bullets, FMJ, SPT, HP, or polymer tipped zippy Hornady and Remingtons. If you hunt foxes, and call them in, rather than wanting to bang away at 200+ yards, you will love the way a lean WMR will clobber them.

Wonderful cartridge!
    I have seven 22WMR's. One is a bolt action pistol that will put all it's shots in a 1" square at 100 yards if I don't screw up. I have found that 22WMR ammo is more consistent, quality wise, than 17HMR. The 30 grain Federal Classic is my favorite from my CZ 452. I've chronographed it at 2350 fps on a summer's day. Shoots fast, hits hard. Even the Federal 40 grain FMJ at 1960 fps will hit with more energy at 200 than a 17HMR. One winter I kept mysrlf alive with a Marlin 783 bolt action in 22WMR. I shot game and shot coyotes for pelt money.~Muir

This is 5 shots at 80 yards from atop a camera tripod. Federal 30 grain Classic/ CZ 452.

I always had decidedly average accuracy from the 40g ish fodder for years so I sold my ruger , missed it and brought another which I had shortened and bedded by riflecraft , I started using the 30-33g zippy stuff and it transformed it into a lovely little flat shooting hard hitting rimfire ! I do wish however that you could get a good 22wmr semi auto ? and I also wish there was a greater choice of ammo , I think a 60-70g subsonic hollow point would be very popular?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

CZ makes a really nice semi-auto .22 WMR. Accurate like a bolt action, and a big rifle feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    CZ makes a really nice semi-auto .22 WMR. Accurate like a bolt action, and a big rifle feel.
    The local Scheels in the city has one but despite not being able to provide ammunition for it, they refuse to budge on the price! I'd like it because it takes 452 magazines. I have a beautiful, all steel, Brno 611A autoloading 22WMR made in 1996 that is deadly accurate and smooth to shoot. Like it's offspring, the 512 (?) It feels like a centerfire. Wonderful rifle.~Muir