Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedfordshire brace with Sikamalc

Bedfordshire brace with Sikamalc

Had a few stalks with Sika Malc over the weekend in Bedfordshire.

Driving to his patch with CWD, passing a couple of fields counted 30-40 lying a few fields, never seen anything like it.

Shot a muntie buck, along with a fox, in the evening, seen an absolute monster of a muntie buck just as light was fading.
    Playing with my range finder pinging distances away in the 225yrds region.

Morning outing saw myself and his other guide Tom, sat waiting overlooking a rape field getting smashed by the deer.
    Seen two munties but some way off, then we seen movement some 350yrds away, it was a chink running erratically then laying down right in the middle of the rape field.

We both thought wed give it a go and stalk in around the field edge, wind totally wrong but committed we carried on, single file and very slow.
    Then we got to roughly where we thought we'd seen it last, I thought we were right on the money, looked back towards the high seat to see it moving around again, eventually lying down, so, single file straight into the rape slowly, slowly catchy monkey style.
    We made it to around 70yrds,and it's still laying there, couldn't see any teeth but the only shot was a head shot, or wait till she gets up and broad side.
    I had limiuls sticks, and was really rock steady and confident in the shot, so Bang, deer down a nice young doe, had we waited in the high seat it was 180yrd back, typical, but a great stalk.
    Got home and spent some time with my little Teckel,exposing him to the deer,and like always he turned into a bloodthirsty little ****er,straight in and ragged the muntie,and started to drag it some fair way!!

Many thanks to Malcolm and Tom for trying their best, and I was lucky to get a good result for the weekend,despite the high winds and snow the day before.

Attachment 52390 Attachment 52391 Attachment 52392

Cheers Gelert, good to see you again. Not a bad result considering the weather was not that great, snow, wind, and bloody cold. Still with persistence and the right guides you took both species.

I will let you know about a stag week in the highlands. In the meantime take care and look forward to seeing you later in the year.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I'm glad to read that it seems that there are plenty left out there for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I'm glad to read that it seems that there are plenty left out there for me!
    Hi young Lawrence, plenty left mate, but the cold wind didn't help. I think Tom had about 5 or 6 Munties out in front of him one night, and Gelert had a monster buck out of the wood but the little bu//er went straight back in, and the range was a tad too far.

We will do our best as always.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I was there too and yes it was bloody cold but I saw at least 5 with Tom and 2 in the morning so plenty of deer left for the drilling man !! Well done Gelert , we had a great laugh and will be back.

I managed to contract "man flu" which I blame entirely on Tom!
    Good to meet you Unicorn and Gelert

Good to meet you guys as well.

Off topic but have you had your rifle cerakoted?

Thanka

I grassed my first CWD last year in Bedfordshire, there are plenty in that neck of the woods, we glassed plenty and saw at least 5 rta victims on our mooch around,

atb

kjf

It was good to meet up with you chaps, Malc and Tomm had the day organised very well and had a good laugh (was hoping it to be at unicorn71's expense, ha ha) between stalks, hopefully get out with you again on the Roe, pine Martin don't worry there's still plenty left for you and hope to meet up with you again if you come up to Chris's next year, and will try not to get in the way of Woodcock again.....!

atb

Garry
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...