Thread: 80 Deer Motor Vehicle Collisions a Day!

80 Deer Motor Vehicle Collisions a Day!

Here's the shocking pictorial headline from the Government of Sweden.

But, don't they have a natural head of predating wolves?

Yes

But the wolves are culled too.

By when will it ever get this bad in some areas of the UK?!

Cheers, K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 80 Deer Collisions a day in Sweden.jpg  

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    I think you would be surprised at how many there are everyday in the UK.
    Many will go unreported as having a collision with a Roe or a Munty is very different from a Moose

Further to the above
    Estimates at 40,000-74,000 collisions/year.
    Mid-point 57,000 divided by 365 days = 156/day.
    Swedes running a poor second
    Last edited by teyhan1; 03-02-2015 at 20:54.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

I seem to recall there was a report highlighting the disproportionate number of roadkills occurring with crows on certain roads too. Analysis revealed that the vast majority were killed with collisions with HGVs while they fed on carrion. Apparently, further research then went on to prove that crows are intelligent enough to post sentry birds whilst others feed on roadkill. However, it also showed that whilst almost all crows can call 'Car', virtually none can call 'Lorry'
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    I seem to recall there was a report highlighting the disproportionate number of roadkills occurring with crows on certain roads too. Analysis revealed that the vast majority were killed with collisions with HGVs while they fed on carrion. Apparently, further research then went on to prove that crows are intelligent enough to post sentry birds whilst others feed on roadkill. However, it also showed that whilst almost all crows can call 'Car', virtually none can call 'Lorry'
    That can't be true, otherwise we would be using magpies as sentries for terrorists with automatic weapons.