Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roe Sacks UK

Roe Sacks UK

100% Hand made in Scotland - these sacks are made from water and rot proof canvas with a removable, washable vinyl lining.
    Straps are made with Latigo Leather known for its strength and durability in all weathers used for bridles, harnesses saddles etc which is minimum 4mm thick and hand stitched.
    Two usable pockets on the front of Sack fastened with Deer Antler or Wooden Toggles. Some sacks may have eyelet fasteners to accommodate the size of Antler Tip.
    These sacks are available in two sizes
    1 = standard Roe Size - 28" wide by 26" deep - will also carry two Chinese or Muntjac
    2 = standard Sika size - 34" wide by 26" deep - will carry two Roe or one Sika Hind or Fallow Doe

AS THESE BAGS ARE MADE TO ORDER THEY CAN BE MADE TO SUIT YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS

These Sacks are designed by Stalkers, made by Stalkers and used by Stalkers. No clumsy buckles or clips - silent when Stalking. Due to canvas sleeves to cover buckles and prevent scratching rifle stock.

These sacks are not a fashion accessory but handmade from the best of materials for a specific job that will last for a long long time.

These sacks are new to the market - at an introductory price of 129.50 they can be seen at the Stalking Directory stand at Kelso. Jayb will be holding a raffle for the sack all proceeds going to their bursary funds. Any orders taken in February and March will be at this price. 7 - 10 day delivery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Roe sacks 3.jpg   Roe sacks 2.jpg   Roe sack 1.jpg  
    Last edited by Shadow; 24-02-2015 at 16:52. Reason: Shooting show has past. To inform members the sizes and they can be custom made.

I have recently bought one of these roe sacks from shadow and i can say i am very happy with it ! this bag is strong and will last a life time, the materials used are top quality and it is very well made and put together,The best roe sack i have ever bought and at that price the best value too.

Looks really good,I am interested ,but concerned about the buckles scratching my rifles.Wf1

Sorry the photo's don't show the canvas sleeves that cover the buckles and prevent rubbing against your riffle etc but I left them off to show the quality and finish of leatherwork and didn't state that in the ad. I will alter that. Many thanks for brining it to my attention.

I looked at the first one of these made while up with Alan the other week. They are of top quality and well thought out. They might be a few quid more than others but I can say for sure you will only ever buy one of these. They will last your life time and be there to pass onto the next generation.
    Go on support a small UK business.

Ahh Woodmaster you know how old I am . Looks like I now have a reason to go to The Shooting Show! Wf1

Alan (aka Shadow) kindly contacted me some weeks back and asked me to field test one of his Roe sacks and get back to him with my suggestions after testing it out. Although I have yet to put a Roe in it, I did use it briefly last weekend whilst stalking CWD and Muntjac on my leases in Bedfordshire.

I have used and have the Harkila roe sacks, and an unknown brand prior to that which eventually I threw away. Whilst the Harkila sacks are well made, there are far too many plastic buckles and straps which are rather noisy, and the bag itself is very stiff and quite difficult to stalk quietly in, in my opinion.

I would add that the Roe sacks Alan makes are very high quality, robust and are comfortable to use and have a substantial inner liner that can be removed and washed out. It will easily take 2 Munties, in fact 3 would probably also fit. The straps are made of very good quality leather, with the stitching and buckles of good quality and well made.
    In all for the money that is being asked you will find it hard to better these Roe Sacks and as I say the materials are of very high quality, and the workmanship is also of the same standard.

I know that Alan has researched the materials over a long period of time, and has put a great deal of thought into the construction of these sacks. I shall be using it over the coming 16 days I am stalking with various clients on CWD/Muntjac, plus of course in the coming Roe Buck season, I am sure it will give a life time of service.

Thank you.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 05-02-2015 at 11:45.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

These look great. How did you find the Harkila sack Malc? I have one and it's tearing all over the place despite only ever having carried two muntjac. I did ask for a refund but it had been too long, it was out of warranty. It's a good design on the surface, I suspect that this is just a poor batch using a duff fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    These look great. How did you find the Harkila sack Malc? I have one and it's tearing all over the place despite only ever having carried two muntjac. I did ask for a refund but it had been too long, it was out of warranty. It's a good design on the surface, I suspect that this is just a poor batch using a duff fabric.
    Lawrence,
    without wishing to go off thread with Alan's post. The Harkila sacks are like all other mass produced equipment, it is designed to last only so long, and in my opinion although a reasonable design the materials used are not going to last anywhere near as long as a hand made and designed sack. Tom is using the Harkila sack at the moment and it is still going, but the hand made sacks Alan makes are by far a better design and quality than commercially produced sacks.

You will be able to see the Roe sack Alan made for me on the weekend you are up stalking with me, so look forward to seeing you soon. It will be a busy weekend as I have a few people booked in and Tom will be guiding as well with me so you will be in good hands
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Sorry Alan for going off-topic, but we're back on topic now with the conclusion that your roe sacks are a shedload better than Harkila ones!

I look forward to the added bonus of some kit testing Malc. If I have a chance, I may even try the sack out, then have a word with the Birthday Fairy, you never know.